For an upcoming programme in Mozambique Mott MacDonald is positioning for, we are looking for a Finance Adviser. The programme is focussed on social protection. This will be done via (among others) cash transfer schemes and has a primary focus on vulnerable groups such as children.
The Finance Adviser will (among others) be responsible for:
- Contribute to on-going programme design discussions in relation to programme design and implementation review and redesign Contribute to on-going programme design discussions in relation to programme design and implementation review and redesign
- Provide technical advice on the development of financial management systems and processes (including accounting and reporting), based on international best practice, to ensure the programme operates efficiently and effectively as the Programme scales up
- Preparation of periodic financial reports for the client and other stakeholders
- Contribute as team member with the TL and DTL in financial advice to DFID and other Stakeholders.
The ideal candidate;
- Has a master’s degree in finance, international development studies or any other relevant field;
- Has solid experience in cash transfer programmes;
- Has experience in DFID funded programmes
- Is fluent in English, and has knowledge of Portuguese
- Has multiple years of experience in Mozambique or the region;
The duration of the programme is approximately 3 years and requires full-time input from the Finance Adviser. Employment will be on freelance basis.