World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of disaster-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As, Finance and Accounts Manager you are required to provide strategic financial input to decisions to be made covering all areas of ministry. To implement sound financial accounting per GAAP’s, and ensure accurate financial reports are produced and maintained. You will ensure that the accounting team is well guided to execute the accounting function per their mandate and build capacity where such is lacking. You will maintain sound liquidity levels and treasury management functions whilst ensuring all advances are maintained within expected periods
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting Option) or a business related degree. a Master Degree will be an advantage. Must be a certified accountant CPA/ACCA finalist.
- Must have sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and a thorough knowledge of financial systems and internal financial controls.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years working experience, three with an international NGO. Must have managed a department team.
- A wide working knowledge of major donor regulations with particular bias to Government grants, Multi-lateral donors an advantage.
- Travel: 10% domestic/international travels is required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date
19 JUL 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.