The Finance and Administration Director will oversee all finance, administrative, human resource, and operational activities of the project and a team of support personnel. This includes developing and overseeing finance and accounting systems that comply with USAID requirements and Palladium practices. In coordination with the COP, s/he will develop annual budgets that are aligned with the project work plan. S/he will also ensure compliance with contractual, USAID/USG, and Ethiopian requirements for reporting, finance, and administration. S/he will also ensure payroll processes and adherence to Ethiopian human resources policies.
* Master’s degree in business administration, project management, public policy and management, public health, international development, statistics or other related field.
* Ten years of finance and administration management experience required; USAID or donor project financial management highly desired.
* Previous experience preparing project/company financial reports, reconciling project/company bank statements, managing bank accounts, managing and monitoring petty cash, preparing payroll, tracking expenses according to budget, maintaining records to meet tax requirements including payroll, customs and Value Added Tax (V.A.T) taxes.
* Previous office and human resource management preferred.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills; fluency in Amharic and English.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.