Winrock International is seeking a Finance and Administration Director for an upcoming USAID-funded biodiversity conservation program in Papua New Guinea (PNG). USAID aims to strengthen the management of environmental resources in PNG to promote conservation of the country’s exceptional biodiversity and enhance the resilience of its people. The biodiversity program will reduce significant threats to priority biodiversity hotspots in PNG by supporting communities to manage their customary lands, working at both national and local levels to develop the capacities needed to provide communities with the legal, technical, and financial resources required to achieve the sustainable management of natural resources in their customary lands and waters.
Winrock is a recognized leader in international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. We pride ourselves as a quality-driven organization that embraces continuous improvement in program results and processes and a culture of accountability.
- Work to ensure strong financial management and adequate internal controls of the program’s funds; that proper approvals and other donor requirements are met; that all deliverables and required donor documentation are filed appropriately electronically and in hard copy
- Coordinate with the Winrock home office project management team on overall financial, compliance, and contractual requirement issues
- Develop and oversee implementation of project human resources, financial management, and operational policies and procedures
- Track expenditures to ensure spending is in line with field operational budget
- Develop funding requests based on upcoming project activities
- Ensure compliance and sound use of grant funding with home office staff and project partners
- Supervise financial management of the project and ensure accuracy of statements and funding requests provided to home office and USAID
- Provide timely and accurate feedback/responses to home office project management team
- Submit required tax reports and monthly field reports on time
- MBA/MA (or equivalent) in relevant field
- Seven or more years of experience in Finance
- Experience on donor-funded project in PNG or Pacific Islands region
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.