The Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) Project is a USAID-funded 5-year, $209 million global task order that works to strengthen health systems as a means to achieve universal health coverage and improve population health and well-being. Interventions will focus on reducing financial barriers, holding health services accountable for meeting all clients’ needs and making sure that the care patients receive meets minimum standards. USAID’s LHSS Vietnam activity will focus on improving health financing for HIV and TB prevention and control, strengthening supply chain systems, and supporting the expansion of the Social Health Insurance (SHI) scheme to improve the provision of quality care and treatment at a national scale. The project will work collaboratively at the national level with the Government of Vietnam (GVN), particularly the Ministry of Health and the Vietnam Social Security (VSS) to support GVN efforts to increase sustainable domestic financing for health, including TB and HIV, ensure quality of HIV care, and to seek efficiencies in health spending and procurement and supply chain management.
The Finance and Administration Director will manage project financial operations and financial reporting of the country program, providing guidance, training and technical assistance to financial and non-financial management personnel. The Finance and Administration Director will report to the Chief of Party.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide managerial and operational support to the Chief of Party, by overseeing project finance and accounting, operations, grants management, IT and human resources and ensuring compliance with USAID regulations.
- Advise COP and technical team on financial regulations, best practices, and new ways of streamlining project operations and delivery.
- Develop and incorporate project specific policies and procedures in accordance to Abt and USAID regulations.
- Lead and oversee the development of annual budgets, financial reports, and other financial deliverables ensuring timely submission
- Prepare annual site office revenue projections and work with supportive staff to update budget tracker forecast on a monthly basis
- Track actuals, accruals and commitments against approved budgets to ensure project activities remain on budget. Advise COP and home office of any changes in projected spending
- Ensure preparation of accurate financial reports, and monthly cash fund’s request in close coordination with the Chief of Party
- Manage and supervise project financial, grants, administration, and operations personnel
- Manage the timely submission of the monthly field expenses (ROV) to the headquarters office
- Serve as the project’s main point of contact on finance and administrative issues, participating in discussions on contract issues and actions, and following up on client requests and concerns
- Support the development, execution, and management of subcontractor and consultant agreements
- Perform random audits of inventory to make sure inventory reports are accurate and up to date
- Oversee human resource activities including (but not limited to) hiring, termination, benefit tracking and legal disputes affecting current and former site office personnel
- Master’s Degree in Public or Business Administration, Finance, or a related field.
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience managing grants or contracts for private sector, universities, international NGOs or other organizations with similar scopes of work.
- Experience and knowledge in fiscally and operationally managing all aspects of at least one large multi-million US dollar contract funded by an international donor required, USAID experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated skills in organizing, tracking, and monitoring resources and establishing priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English are required
- Master’s degree and 8-10 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation; driving innovation and measurable impact for more than 50 years. What sets us apart is our evidence-based and multi-disciplinary approach to solving tough challenges in health, social and environmental policy and international development.
Specific areas we work in include:
- Education and workforce development
- Climate change and the environment
- Food security and agriculture
- Housing and communities
- Survey and data collection
Abt is a mission-driven company with a staff of 2,600. Our focus is on using evidence and cutting-edge methods to improve the lives and economic well-being of people worldwide.