Cardno seeks a Finance and Administration Director for an upcoming USAID-funded biodiversity conservation program in Papua New Guinea (PNG). USAID aims to strengthen the management of environmental resources in PNG to promote conservation of the country’s exceptional biodiversity and enhance the resilience of its people. The biodiversity program will reduce significant threats to priority biodiversity hotspots in PNG by supporting communities to manage their customary lands, working at both national and local levels to develop the capacities needed to provide communities with the legal, technical, and financial resources required to achieve the sustainable management of natural resources in their customary lands and waters.
- Work with the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to ensure strong financial management and adequate internal controls of the program’s funds; that proper approvals and other contractual requirements are met; that all deliverables and required contractual documentation are filed appropriately electronically and in hard copy
- Coordinate with the Cardno home office project management team on overall financial, compliance, and contractual requirement issues
- Develop and oversee implementation of project human resources, financial management, and operational policies and procedures
- Track expenditures to ensure spending is in line with field operational budget
- Develop funding requests based on upcoming project activities and in line with the field budget
- Supervise financial management of the project and ensure accuracy of statements and funding requests provided to home office and USAID
- Ensure the sound use of grant funding and compliance with financial regulations in coordination with grants management staff and project partners
- Provide timely and accurate feedback/responses to home office project management team
- Submit required tax reports and monthly field reports on time
- MBA/MA (or equivalent) in relevant field
- Seven or more years of experience in Finance
- Experience on donor-funded project in PNG or Pacific Islands region
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
About the Organization
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.