The Finance and Administration Manager will oversee all financial accounting and general office services and maintain organized records and documentation in adherence with Winrock and SDC procedures.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the accounting, finance and administration components of the program in country, including the various petty cash funds and field office finance, accounting and administrative activities;
- Ensure consistency with Winrock standard operating procedures, policies and accounting principles.
- Develop procedures for monitoring and analyzing project budgets, which allow accurate projection of expenditures and comparisons of actual and budgeted spending.
- Coordinate monthly requests for funds, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure the project has all necessary funds for operations.
- Coordinate and oversee program tendering and procurement activities in country
- Ensure financial reporting is in accordance with SDC contractual requirements.
- Advise project staff on financial health through the provision of timely financial expenditure reports.
- Review and approve all vouchers prepared by the finance officer (disbursement, receipt and general journal vouchers) for expenditures and ensures that expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable to the project;
- Oversee payroll procedures for national staff, administer payroll, and monitor employee time keeping
- Develop and implement office administrative and personnel systems;
- Maintain financial controls and procedures for the management of funds and sub awards/contracts.
- Produce budget projections and reports for submission to SDC.
- Liaise with the Project Director to ensure the project needs are being met in terms of accounting, contracts, human resources, IT, and operations.
- Supervise project staff and consultants working on finance and administration for the project
- Monitor partners’ management of funds and cross check source documents.
- Maintain financial files and support annual audits.
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ progressive financial management and grants management experience on international development projects;
- Excellent written and oral communication skill in English and Bengali is required;
- Strong analytical and computer skills, especially with accounting software, spreadsheets and financial analysis
About the Organization
Winrock is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. We pride ourselves as a learning organization that embraces continuous improvement in program results and processes and a culture of accountability.