POSITION TITLE: Finance & Administration Manager, Jamaica Child Protection Compact Project
LOCATION: Kingston, Jamaica
DEPARTMENT: Civil Society & Education
REPORTS TO: Project Director, Jamaica Child Protection Compact Project
The Finance & Administration Manager will be responsible overseeing all financial accounting and general office services for a high-quality, results-oriented project focused on strengthening the efforts of the government and civil society to prevent child trafficking and provide comprehensive care to child trafficking victims. The position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
The Finance & Administration Manager will be responsible for maintaining Winrock’s financial integrity, preparing all financial reports efficiently and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), local government regulations, Winrock policies and procedures, and donor requirements throughout the life of the project. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the accounting, finance and administration components of the program in country, including the various petty cash funds and field office finance, accounting and administrative activities;
- Ensure consistency with Winrock standard operating procedures, policies and accounting principles.
- Develop procedures for monitoring and analyzing project budgets, which allow accurate projection of expenditures and comparisons of actual and budgeted spending.
- Coordinate monthly requests for funds, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure the project has all necessary funds for operations.
- Coordinate and oversee program tendering and procurement activities in country
- Ensure financial reporting is in accordance with S. Department of State contractual requirements.
- Advise project staff on financial health through the provision of regular and timely financial expenditure reports.
- Review and approve all vouchers prepared by the finance officer (disbursement, receipt and general journal vouchers) for expenditures and ensures that expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable to the project;
- Review and approve field office fund request;
- Oversee payroll procedures for national staff, administer payroll, and monitor employee time keeping
- Develop and implement office administrative and personnel systems;
- Maintain financial controls and procedures for the management of funds and sub awards/contracts.
- Produce budget projections and reports for submission to U.S. Department of State.
- Liaise with the Project Director to ensure the project needs are being met in terms of accounting, contracts, human resources, IT, and operations.
- Supervise project staff and consultants working on finance and administrative for the project
- Monitor partners’ management of funds and cross check source documents.
- Maintain financial files and support annual audits.
Education: Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ progressive financial management and grants management experience on international development projects;
- At least 4 years’ experience with financial management of a USG-funded contract or grant; and
- Demonstrated working knowledge of USG rules and regulations, particularly the code of federal regulations 2 CFR 200 and 2 CFR 2900.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, conflict, ethical management skills and excellent written and oral communication skills; and,
- Strong analytical and computer skills, especially with accounting software, spreadsheets and financial analysis;
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.