SUMMARY OF ROLE
IntraHealth is seeking candidates for the role of Finance and Administration Manager for an anticipated five-year, USAID-funded Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) activity in Namibia. The program seeks to expand access to high quality lifelong biomedical intervention that will avert new HIV infections among young boys and men. Through key activities, the project will support the Government of the Republic of Namibia (GRN) Ministry of Health and Social Services (MOHSS) and the private health sector in the delivery of high quality safe medical male circumcisions.
The Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for overall oversight of all financial, administrative and operations aspects of the VMMC program. S/he is responsible for creating and maintaining project systems and reporting mechanisms related to accounting, financial budgeting and reporting, and procurement in compliance with IntraHealth, USAID, and other donor policies, procedures, and guidelines. This position, with proper legal advice, ensures that IntraHealth’s policies and procedures are compliant with Namibian law and effectively implemented throughout IntraHealth’s programs. S/he ensures provision of relevant and timely financial data for regular monitoring and provides direct supervision to the finance team.
This position is contingent upon award and approval by USAID.
- Develop, implement and maintain financial policies and procedures. Monitor adherence including compliance with donor and IntraHealth financial, procurement and asset management policies.
- Provide oversight and technical support in budget preparations, including training Program, Finance and Grants and Contracts staff in budget preparation.
- Monitor project expenditures against budgets on a monthly basis and provide analysis to senior management team.
- Monitor project financial holding requirements to ensure adequate availability of cash to meet the programmed obligations and commitments including liquidation of advances.
- Interface with IntraHealth headquarters focal persons on finance functions to ensure consistent adherence to headquarters policies and procedures.
- Review financial reports of sub-grantees, whenever applicable, and ensure that expenditures are in line with the budget and in compliance with donor regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field. An MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in financial management of United States Government (USG)-funded multi-million-dollar projects
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing operations including financial management, procurement, transport management and human resources
- 5 years’ experience supervising sub recipients
- Familiarity with USG-approved audit firms for conducting project audits
- Extensive knowledge of USG rules and regulations and Namibian laws and regulations
- Extensive experience and knowledge in creating and managing budgets, accounting and accounting systems, and developing organizational policies and procedures
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with PEPFAR expenditure reporting as required by the donor
- Demonstrated familiarity with USG and PEPFAR financial reporting and compliance requirements
- Demonstrated ability in Microsoft and accounting software. Proficiency using online financial systems and databases.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced oral and written English communication skills required
About the Organization
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work. Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective. Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1