Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: gender and women’s economic empowerment, finance and investment, enterprise development, youth, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for a Jordanian Finance and Administration Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded women’s economic empowerment and leadership activity in Jordan. The project will improve women’s access to job opportunities and leadership positions, improve perceptions about working women and women leaders, and enhance the equitable and safe enabling working environment for women.
- Lead the project’s finance and administrative activities, including overseeing accounts management, grant management, and financial administration.
- Supervise members of the finance and administration team.
- Provide expertise and advice to the management team on finance-related issues (including financial planning and performance, development of financial reports to reflect progress and risks for activities, etc.), ensuring that the project’s finances are managed wisely, accurately, and timely.
- Establish and maintain an effective control and information system and supervise proper ledger transactions for the project.
- Verify accuracy of invoices, expense reports, and other accounting requirements.
- Assist with check disbursements and other accounts-payable functions.
- Liaise with auditors, creditors, donors, officials, banks, sub-contractors, and Banyan Global headquarters.
- Ensure compliance with in-country accounting norms and procedures as well as legal obligations (registrations, labor code, human resources, etc.).
- Supervise all necessary financial security and risk-prevention measures.
- Negotiate with vendors on best conditions for procuring goods, supplies, and other items in compliance with USAID and Banyan Global’s policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of experience managing finance and administration in international development, particularly in Jordan.
- Experience on a USAID-funded project as a finance and/or administrative manager; knowledge of USAID regulations.
- Excellent planning, management, and organizational skills.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with clients, donors, project stakeholders, in-country collaborators, and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Strong MS Office skills, including Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Citizen or permanent resident of Jordan.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/, and include a cover letter and resume in your application. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).