Finance and Administration Manager
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Finance and Administration Manager based in Lima, Peru. NCBA CLUSA is implementing the USAID-funded Farmer-to-Farmer Program (F2F) and USAID Cooperative Development Program (CDP) to promote sustainable economic growth, cooperative strengthening, and agricultural development throughout Peru.
The Finance and Administrative Manager is an employee of NCBA CLUSA based in Peru and reports to the Country Representative. The Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for implementation of budget provisions as detailed in NCBA CLUSA’s agreements with the USAID CDP and F2F programs in a timely manner and in compliance with USAID and NCBA CLUSA standards, policies, and procedures. The position manages day-to-day office administration, logistical arrangements, procurement, accounting, and payroll for staff on all projects.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Maintain NCBA CLUSA QuickBooks accounting system and prepare monthly financial reports for all projects; submit monthly financial reports to NCBA CLUSA HQ finance team
- Maintain accurate records of expenditures to monitor the financial status of activities across projects, including cost allocations across projects where applicable
- Assist the Country Representative to ensure financial management and reporting practices are in compliance with NCBA CLUSA and donor policies and procedures
- Coordinate with the HQ finance team to address issues on prior month financial report feedback from HQ before closing the following month
- Oversee protection of projects’ assets (cash and inventory) through enforcement of internal control policies and procedures
- Maintain current knowledge of local government requirements related to financial matters and ensure compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirements
- Thoroughly review and ensure vouchers received from staff are accurate and expenses are charged to correct accounting codes per approved project budgets
Treasury and Receivable Management
- Complete monthly cash requests for all projects
- Maintain updated file of bank signatories with related correspondence with banks
- Ensure relevant credit and debit bank advices, deposit slips and related documents are received from the banks promptly and attached to the relevant vouchers on a weekly basis
- Maintain complete files for bank instruction letters and wires
- Receive and journalize all duly approved liquidation documents from staff daily and ensure related balances due to NCBA CLUSA and employees are recorded daily
- Review travel advances at payment request stage to make sure no employee with un-liquidated advances in any other receivable accounts is given another advance
- Adequately and promptly prepare projects for internal or external auditors as needed; assist auditors in facilitating their work and ensure audit recommendations are adequately addressed in a timely manner
Administration and Procurement
- Responsible for processing and keeping NCBA CLUSA registration documents up-to-date, including the annual renewal of the tax and statistics card for fiscal authorities
- Process local staff payroll for all projects
- Handle personnel related matters i.e. leave, medical and all staff benefits
- Execute logistical and procurement assignments for all projects ensuring compliance with NCBA CLUSA and donor policies and procedures
- Make logistical arrangements for staff and volunteers (flights, transportation, lodging, etc.)
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Fluency in English and Spanish required
- University Degree in Business administration with accounting focus OR Professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CPA, etc)
- 5 years’ experience in financial and administrative management, preferably for USAID-funded projects
- Computer literacy and proficiency in accounting software package(s). Knowledge of QuickBooks preferable
- Ability to understand and implement NCBA CLUSA and USAID policies and procedures
- Ability to meet strict deadlines under pressure
- High integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines.
- Ability to initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances, and with minimal supervision
- Strong organization, supervisory, problem-solving, interpersonal, communication as well as team building and negotiation skills
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Please email resume/CV in both English and Spanish with subject line Peru Finance and Admin Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy (CC) email@example.com by December 13, 2019. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. For over 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 65 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in over 20 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.