The Local Health System Sustainability Project (LHSS) helps low- and middle-income countries transition to sustainable, self-financed health systems as a means to support universal health coverage. The project works with partner countries and local stakeholders to reduce financial barriers to care and treatment, ensure equitable access to essential health services for all people, and improve the quality of health services.
Through this activity, LHSS will provide support to the Government of Peru to address the additional HIV-related system demands from the influx of Venezuelan migrants, in order to ensure adequate, reliable, and sustainable provision of care for those living with HIV. This technical assistance will include working with the Ministry of Health (MOH) and other local partners to conduct a system assessment to identify bottlenecks and agree on potential solutions for these and strengthening the capacity of the MOH to coordinate the health response for migrants and to conduct HIV commodities forecasting and tracking of antiretroviral (ARVS). LHSS will work with the government of Peru and other international, regional and local partners to build on existing efforts to help plan for the design and implementation of a regional response network and cross-border tracking system for Venezuelans living with HIV.
The LHSS Peru activity will be a 12-month program, starting in March 2021, based in Lima. The project will not have a physical office. The selected candidate will be expected to work at their home or in a space of their choosing that maintains internet connection and ability to access Abt systems.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Finance and Administration Manager for the anticipated USAID-funded Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) Peru Activity (previously titled Achieving Sustainability through Local Health Systems, ASLHS). This position will report to the local Technical Lead. The position will be part-time and based remotely, with possible in-person meetings periodically (depending on Covid-19 health restrictions).
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead and oversee development of annual budgets, financial reports, compliance documentation, and other deliverables, ensuring all are on time and of high quality.
- Prepare annual site office revenue projections and update budget tracker forecast on a monthly basis.
- Track actuals, accruals and commitments against approved budgets to ensure project activities remain on budget. Advise home office of any changes in projected spending.
- Ensure preparation of accurate financial reports, and monthly cash fund’s request in close coordination with the technical team.
- Oversee all project procurement and inventory tracking.
- Provide ongoing financial administration to the project, ensuring headquarters approvals are in place for all applicable procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices.
- Troubleshoot to prevent and resolve potential problems related to operations and finance and review outputs for quality control.
- Manage the timely submission of the monthly field expenses (ROV) to the headquarters office.
- Support the development, execution, and management of subcontractor and consultant agreements.
- Inform and maintain Project Operations Analyst and Project Finance Analyst at Headquarters updated on all contractual, financial and legal issues affecting the project.
- Oversee Human Resource activities affecting the project including but not limited to benefit tracking and legal disputes affecting current and former site office personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Public or Business Administration, Finance, or a related field or equivalent in experience.
- At least 6 years of experience and knowledge in fiscally and operationally managing all aspects of at least one US dollar contract funded by an international donor required, USAID experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in organizing, tracking, and monitoring resources and establishing priorities.
- Previous experience with QuickBooks highly preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English are required.
- Master’s degree and 6-8 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation; driving innovation and measurable impact for more than 50 years. What sets us apart is our evidence-based and multi-disciplinary approach to solving tough challenges in health, social and environmental policy and international development.
Specific areas we work in include:
- Education and workforce development
- Climate change and the environment
- Food security and agriculture
- Housing and communities
- Survey and data collection
Abt is a mission-driven company with a staff of 2,600. Our focus is on using evidence and cutting-edge methods to improve the lives and economic well-being of people worldwide.