EnCompass seeks Finance and Administration (F&A) Manager candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) data, evaluation, learning and technical assistance (DELTA) activity to be based in Monrovia, Liberia.
The new DELTA activity will support USAID/Liberia to allow agility and adaptability in the dynamic development context in Liberia; produce data-driven analyses to inform activity design and implementation; maintain a performance management system; and support data calls and reporting requirements that demand rapid assimilation and synthesis of various data points.
The F&A Manager will report to the Director of Finance and will be responsible for the financial, administrative, and logistical aspects of the project, as well as the day-to-day management of the EnCompass project field office located in Monrovia.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
· Work closely with the Chief of Party and the EnCompass Home Office Finance and Contracts teams to develop, manage, and maintain the project’s financial, operational, and contract systems and processes, ensuring compliance with USAID requirements (i.e., FAR, ADS, FAM), Liberian laws and EnCompass organizational policies and enabling transparency, accountability and accuracy
· Serve as the primary point of contact for procurement of supplies, services (including sub-consultancy services), and equipment
· Develop and maintain procurement system to allow for timely engagement of consultants and organizations through sub-contracting; create and maintain procurement manual
· Develop, execute, and manage consultant, subcontractor, and vendor agreements, authorize and approve payments to consultants, subcontractors, and vendors
· Manage local payroll and reporting
· Develop, analyze, and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets
· Execute all budget and financial tracking and reporting requirements and respond to related inquiries by USAID and the EnCompass Home Office in a timely fashion
· Provide direction and guidance to subcontractor staff on compliance issues, procurement standards/requirements, and other administrative, financial, HR, and logistical questions
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, business administration or similar field; Master’s degree an asset
Experience and Skills
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience working on donor-funded projects in a related role and managing, in roles of increasing responsibility: contract administrative compliance, finance and procurement (subcontracts), accounting, and/or human resource related matters
· Proficient in US Government procurement, human resources, and financial reporting processes and requirements highly preferred
· Previous experience working in USAID-funded programs preferred
· Knowledge of applicable Liberian laws and policies on financial and procurement procedures and human resources
· Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, required
· Previous work experience in Liberia preferred
· Familiarity with USAID/Liberia Mission preferred
· Superior skills in written and verbal English required
· Liberian citizens are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete the application on the Careers & Consulting page of https://encompassworld.com.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.