Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular, Full-time
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Finance and Administration Manager to be the lead staff person for managing financial/accounting operations for a multi-million USAID contract in Malawi. This position will also manage the IBTCI field office’s administrative and personnel (human resources) activities. The period of performance for the anticipated contract is mid-2020 to mid-2025 and work will be performed in the field office in Lilongwe, Malawi. This position is only open to local applicants. This position is contingent on award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day financial operations in the project office
- Assist in the implementation of effective & efficient systems of internal controls
- Ensure compliance with IBTCI and USAID policies and procedures
- Collaboratively develop and analyze procurement documents, e.g. invitations to bid
- Prepare and submit monthly Financial Reports to the Chief of Party (COP) as scheduled
- Create all payment documents for proper and adequate back-up. Prepare approvals in accordance with guidelines from the COP
- Create payroll for accuracy and in adherence to project budget, and in compliance with IBTCI policies and Malawian labor laws
- Ensure timely preparation of financial reports required by both IBTCI HQ and donors
- Other duties as assigned.
- Through Project Director (PD), organize purchases of office materials and supplies, plus procurement of other project needs, in accordance with IBTCI procedures
- Keep informed of changes in Malawian labor laws that are likely to affect local personnel
- Provide support to Malawi IBTCI office on all HR matters
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in a finance capacity on USAID-funded programs is desirable;
- Prior experience working with international donor-funded programs is desirable;
- Strict attention to detail;
- Ability and willingness to work with staff from all levels of IBTCI;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Previous experience in human resources helpful; and/or
- Previous administrative experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject;
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel required;
- Previous experience with QuickBooks or other accounting software system required;
- At least 2 years of previous accounting experience;
- Oral and written fluency in English required. Chichewa strongly preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, or another discipline related to Accounting is required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment. Work is performed in Malawi.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel in and around Malawi may be required.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Malawi.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture and food security, governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.