Abt Associates seeks a qualified Finance and Administration Officer for the USAID-funded Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) project – Covid-19 Response activity. The Finance and Administration Officer will support a Covid-19 preparedness activity to address prevention, detection and treatment. This position is temporary and currently expected to be a 5-month assignment in, Tashkent, Uzbekistan. We are looking for individuals who are committed to exceeding expectations and who strive to improve the lives of people worldwide.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Working under the supervision of the Country Director, the Finance and Administration Officer oversees and directs all aspects of financial, administrative, and operational support for the COV 19 program in Uzbekistan. Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for the implementation of Abt Associates’ administrative, management, and financial systems in Uzbekistan
- Support the general operations, and closedown of the Covid-19 activity in Uzbekistan
- Provide ongoing financial management to the project, including the preparation and processing of payroll, local procurements, consultant agreements, and vendors
- Ensure that the project operations are in compliance with all USAID and Abt policies and procedures
- Support the development, execution, and management of vendors and consultants
- Coordiate in country financial communication and feedback between Abt staff vendors and consultants in Uzbekistan
- Liase with global Abt Associates staff to manage finance and administrative issues in country
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or other relevant field is required, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 6 years of progressive financial management experience
- At least 4 years’ experience managing international development donor funded programs, preferably USAID-funded programs
- Familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards, FARs, and AIDARs
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with an emphasis on budget and financial analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Master’s Degree and 6-8 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
This position is based in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation; driving innovation and measurable impact for more than 50 years. What sets us apart is our evidence-based and multi-disciplinary approach to solving tough challenges in health, social and environmental policy and international development.
Specific areas we work in include:
- Education and workforce development
- Climate change and the environment
- Food security and agriculture
- Housing and communities
- Survey and data collection
Abt is a mission-driven company with a staff of 2,600. Our focus is on using evidence and cutting-edge methods to improve the lives and economic well-being of people worldwide.