SUMMARY ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Indonesia Australia Partnership for Infrastructure (or Kemitraan Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur – KIAT) is an Australian Government funded program implemented by Cardno that promotes sustainable and inclusive economic growth through improved access to infrastructure for all people. The Government of Indonesia is seeking a different grant mechanism in the water sector, and the Government of Australia through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) has agreed to support a pilot Performance Based Grant (PBG) program in Indonesia from March 2020 to June 2021 with a potential extension to June 2022. The objective of the PBG is to achieve sustainable improvements in 15 Perusahaan Daerah Air Minum (PDAM) service delivery across Indonesia. Focus will be placed in improving the Governance, Financial Sustainability, Operational Efficiency and Quality of Water Service Delivery of the PDAMs.
Cowater is recruiting a team of local experts to deliver technical assistance (TA) to help the PDAMs identify the best approaches to improving their performance in ways that can be measured by key performance indicators. The experts will support the establishment of a performance baseline for each PDAM; assess PDAM performance and recommend a performance improvement plan; regularly monitor and verify performance data; and calculate grant allocations based on performance improvements.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The objectives of this role are to:
- Support Finance and Administration Manager on day-to-day financial activities.
- Provide effective and efficient finance support to the project team through the management of integrated financial functions.
Working with the Finance and Administration Manager, the Finance and Administration Officer will ensure the Project Operation on financial management performs it duties and responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with program policies, procedures, and systems. Specific areas are:
- Provide financial / accounting support to the team in relation to preparing, implementing and reporting on program activities, and Respond to financial / accounting queries from the PBG team, consultants, subcontractor recipients, and / or partners ;
- Review Activity Budget – Cash Advance Request as to ensure calculation is correct and in line with PBG Cost Standard ;
- Verify financial / activity reports, travel claims, expense reimbursement, and acquittal from PBG team and members, consultants, subcontractor, and / or partners, and validate supporting documents ;
- Responsible for payment process, validate invoice with supporting document such as purchase order, and contract; Prepare payment form, Prepare cheque or internet banking, calculate related tax deduction, and Prepare bank reconciliation and submit end of month financial reports in a timely manner ;
- Review petty cash claims, maintain petty cash template, and regular replenishment ;
- Verify financial transactions, particularly expenses allocation within budget categories, and validate supporting documents, and enter data into the PBG accounting system and maintain electronic files in share drive. And Maintain a secure filing system for all financial / accounting information / documents (financial reports, supporting documents, bank documents, contracts, etc) ;
- Responsible in administering Project Bank Account, inclusive of opening and closing new and current bank account, maintain secure filling for cheque book, and responsible to prepare payment vouchers, bank cheques, electronic banking, and bank slips for processing ;
- Monitor fees payments to consultants, subcontractor, and / or partners based on invoices submitted ;
- Responsible for income tax calculation for consultants & workshops and maintain tax income database and also gather VAT data for tax restitution process ;
- Responsible for BPJS registration, calculation, payment, and reporting ;
- Responsible to maintain and update staff annual leave ;
- Perform other relevant duties and responsibilities as reasonably requested by Finance and Administration Manage.
- Candidates must be fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Only Indonesians resident in Indonesia will be eligible for this role
- Experience working with Indonesian PDAMs will be an asset
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible on our Career Page, before Monday august 3rd 2020.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents entitled as : Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.
About the Organization
With more than 30 years of experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe for clients such as DFID, DFAT Australia, the World Bank and Global Affairs Canada. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, economic and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.