Finance and Administration Officer
USAID/Armenia Support Initiative, Yerevan
The Armenia Support Initiative seeks to support the Armenian government’s technical and operational capacities to define and deliver on its democratic reform agenda; sustain public support for and engagement in the reform process; and, provide punctual, strategic technical assistance across all levels of government.
**Please note: Only Armenian citizens are eligible for this position.**
This position is responsible for executing the expenses per appropriate accounting standards and procedures set by MSI, USAID, and ensures compliance with Armenian laws. The Finance and Administration Officer helps monitor, analyze and operationalize the financial transactions through automated financial systems, assists in monthly reconciliation of activity costs, and help maintain all petty cash transactions, including preparation of primary documentation (disbursement and receipt slips, vouchers). This position reports to the Finance and Administration Manager and will be based in Yerevan.
- Oversee the accounting systems and ensure daily compliance with project expenditures.
- Design and apply internal control mechanisms and periodic audits for accounting.
- Produce monthly financial reports for MSI Headquarters, in addition to any other financial report thatmay be required.
- Work closely with the Finance and Administration Manager on balances and financial reports.
- Coordinate wire transfer requests with MSI Headquarters.
- Ensure the payment of goods and services under contract for the program.
- Prepare appropriate tax returns and any other information.
- Review and verify invoices for the purchase of goods and services for the program.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are up to date in the accounting system.
- Perform reconciliation of bank settlements on a monthly basis.
- Report to and inform in a timely fashion the Finance and Administration Manager about any inconsistencies encountered within the MSI accounting process.
- Participate in the evaluations of quotes for acquisitions of the project, in conjunction with thedirection of management and contracts.
- Responsible for the input of all accounting data.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other related discipline.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in accounting or related field on USAID-funded projects.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Attention to details and the capabilities to work well individually and within a team.
- Flexibility and high capacity to adapt to change.
- Experience working in remote and complex areas.
- Excellent communication skills are required as well as a) proactive problem-solving skills both independently and with teams, b) a strong service orientation, and c) assertive communication and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work effectively and collegially under pressure, in stressful environments, and with colleagues from different backgrounds.
- Experience working with USAID programs is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks is preferable.
- Spoken and written Armenian and English is required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.