Finance and Administration Specialist, MEL Support to USAID Indonesia, Indonesia
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
Social Impact is responding to a two-year Task Order request to support the design and implementation of the Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) for FY 2020 - FY 2024 by providing technical, consulting, and advisory services related to monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) to the USAID/Indonesia mission. This includes providing M&E Technical Services (Objective 1), and M&E Related Advisory Services and Knowledge Management (Objective 2). This award will also provide targeted MEL support to enhance the Mission’s efforts to build a culture of learning through internal MEL-related training and learning-related tasks and events. This includes providing Improved Capacity for Learning and Adapting (Objective 3) and potentially extending this support to local organizations in order to strengthen their M&E capacity (under Objective 4).
The Finance & Administration Specialist will, under supervision of the Team Leader, manage the administration of the field office and staff, including human resources and recruitment-related tasks. S/he will manage all financial responsibilities, and support the in-country coordination of project logistics.
This project is anticipated to begin September 1, 2019. The M&E Assistant will be full-time for the two-year duration of the project and will be based in Jakarta.
*Please note: This is a local position. Only Indonesian citizens will be considered for this role.*
- Manage administration of the office and staff, as well as human resources and recruitment tasks.
- Manage financial responsibilities, including accounting and financial reporting tasks.
- Support in-country coordination of meetings, trainings, interviews, and transportation.
- Prepare monthly reports of field expenses in a timely manner, and according to Social Impact guidelines, assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Maintain regular communications with Social Impact headquarters staff (program and administration, consultants) to provide timely and complete financial support.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Human Resources, Administration, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in USAID project financial management and administration of similar financial volume.
- Expert knowledge of USAID rules and regulations highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage local national staff.
- Fluency in English required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.