The Finance and Administrative Officer oversees day to day financial and administrative operations of the Berlin office under the direction of the Deputy Team Leader. The Finance Officer ensures that contractor operational policies and procedures are followed and implemented consistently in the Berlin office in strict compliance with USG rules and regulations as well as financial reporting requirements to the Government of Germany.
Reporting Line and Responsibility
The Finance and Administrative Officer reports to the Deputy Team Leader and supervises no support staff.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that the office is following the rules and regulations for finance and the host government; US Department of State, and contractor internal policies in coordination with counterparts in headquarters;
- Identify and coordinate the filing of any required host country administrative or financial paperwork, including work visas;
- Prepare and submit bimonthly financial reports to headquarters;
- Coordinate the submission of financial reporting and statements to the Government of Germany in collaboration with the Creative GMBH lawyer;
- Track and coordinate all financial payments inside Syria in coordination with home office finance;
- Train team members on standards for submitting financial transactions and administrative paperwork;
- Support training for beneficiaries on financial and administrative processes as requested;
- Review all field office and consultant timesheets for accuracy and compliance;
- Review all financial supporting documents from beneficiaries in order to verify all costs are allowable, allocable, and reasonable and supporting documentation is complete;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience for Officer Position, at least 3+years of experience in a financial management or accountant position with NGOs or international organizations for Sr. Finance Officer
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with fluency English required; German and/or Arabic language skills preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of USG financial rules and regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of host country financial and administrative rules and regulations
- University degree
- Knowledge of MS Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks independently
- Experience working in humanitarian or international development organizations in a finance or administrative position preferred
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
How to Apply: Please submit a CV of no more than 3 pages maximum to email@example.com, with the title of “Finance and Administrative Officer” in the subject; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; any relocation and costs to Berlin for this position will be the responsibility of the selected candidate.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.