Finance & Compliance Manager
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium is recruiting a Finance and Compliance Manager for a new DFID programme which aims to strengthen Myanmar’s health system. The Finance and Compliance Manager will be responsible for all tasks related to effective financial management of the programme and ensuring that all grantees comply with Palladium and DFID procedures. The role will support the Team Leader and form an integral part of programme operations.
The Finance and Compliance Manager will be responsible for managing a part-time Administrative Assistant. As such, further responsibilities will include logistical oversight for meetings and workshops including travel, security and other logistics.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the day-to-day activities related to programme finances such as preparing budgets and managing the programme cash flow;
- Preparing contracts for grantees and ensuring grantee compliance with terms specified by the programme;
- Administrative oversight.
- The Finance and Compliance Manager reports into the Team Leader.
1. Programme finances
- Oversee all financial management including funds disbursement, requests, and acquittals;
- Prepare and manage monthly financial statements, and monthly forecasts;
- Prepare weekly cashbooks and scan of all expenditure receipts onto a secure folder;
- Maintain overview of activity expenditure against budgets;
- Maintain rolling cashflow projection;
- Maintain asset register;
- Update financial risk assessments;
- Coordinate annual audit;
- Manage procurement;
- Train and mentor staff on the use of the financial system.
2. Programme compliance
- Work with the technical and support teams in ensuring all grantees have completed due diligence forms and that these have been checked using the appropriate world compliance check mechanisms;
- Be responsible for ensuring that all grantees, sub-contractors, etc, adhere to and abide by the clients’ contractual terms and guidelines;
- Develop and maintain a due diligence register to ensure follow up checks and capacity building for partners can be actioned in accordance with the DFID Terms and Conditions;
- Ensure 100% compliance with all the client’s contractual obligations by all programme grantees, sub-contractors, etc;
- Train Myanmar-based grantees on funds management and compliance, providing training reports to the Team Leader every quarter;
- Be responsible for ensuring that the delivery and supply chain mapping is maintained and up to date at all times for all grantees, sub-contractors, vendors and consultants;
- Keep a well-maintained filing system to keep track of programme grantees;
- Be the programme internal and external audit point of contact for grantee and client compliance;
- Maintain a well-maintained audit trail for all programme grantees, and sub-contractors;
- Ensuring that clear programme partnership contracting guidelines are drafted and included in the Programme Management Manual;
- Support on developing new partnership mechanisms processes, SOPs, etc;
- Draft and managing the approval of all contractual agreements and amendments for all grantees.
- Provide oversight of part-time Administration Assistant, including performance management.
- University degree in economics, business administration or related disciplines;
- Experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale, complex, international and donor-funded programs;
- Extensive grant management experience, including managing calls for proposals, contracting and financial oversight;
- Extensive experience in financial management and reporting;
- Experience working in an international development project. Experience working for DFID preferable;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage competing priorities;
- Outstanding team player and willingness to learn and support learning of others;
- Excellent written, spoken English.