Oversee the financial and HR activities of the programme. Responsibility for the accounting functions required to provide accurate and timely information on the financial status of the programme to donors, HQ, field management and field teams. Organise and further develop the financial processes, managing the finance team, providing coaching and training as required. Recruitment of national HR staff, staff policy development, co-ordination of training and general staff well-being. The Finance and HR Manager also works with field management and HQ on in-country issues for internationally recruited staff.
Medair is working under the registration of World Concern in Bangladesh and based in Cox’s Bazar. We have 3 Nutrition centres, 3 Medical Mobile teams and a Shelter distribution project. The main aim of our project is to provide essential services to the Rohyingya people in Bangladesh.
Field based position in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 12 months.
Key Activity Areas
- Manage the day-to-day accounting functions of the programme.
- Monitoring project spending on an on-going (monthly) basis.
- Contribute to the financial management of signed donor grants.
- Prepare and deliver financial activity reports within the required timeframe and in the stated format.
- Prepare for, manage and support internal and external field financial audits.
- Country Programme focal point for IRS and NRS staff Labour report (LR) monthly exercise.
Human Resources Management for Nationally Recruited Staff
- Manage the day-to-day Human Resource functions of the programme.
- Regular review, update and / or develop of employment documentation for nationally recruited staff.
- Support line managers as necessary on disciplinary action and grievance procedures and to identify training needs for all staff.
Human Resources Management for Internationally Recruited Staff
- Liaise with field management and HQ Human Resource Officer on HR issues.
- Meet the finance and HR related administrative requirements of Medair, donors, local legislation, suppliers, contractors, employees and any other stakeholders, so that the functions run with integrity.
- Prepare the monthly payroll list and payments for staff salaries and / or allowances in accordance with local employment regulations, ensuring that all required statutory deductions are made and subsequently paid to the appropriate authorities using Cresus software.
- Support the HQ Programme Finance Officer (PFO) in reporting to donors, providing relevant documents and narrative explanation of any anomalies or discrepancies.
- Manage and oversee the programme HR and finance staff including recruitment, day-to-day management, development and training, appraisal, etc. Providing functional supervision to Finance Officer in field locations.
- Control and manage the security of in-country cash when held on site and when being transferred to other account holders.
- Conduct regular internal audits and report immediately any possible fraud or theft.
- Promote and use the Medair Intranet and other operating procedures, ensuring that all standardised formats are used and guidelines are followed.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- University degree in relevant subject or equivalent professional / technical qualification.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- Post-qualification management experience in a relevant profession.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural setting, preferable in a support role.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Problem solving ability, excellent communicator, strong organisational and time management skills.
- Good numerical and report writing skills. Able to build trust and enforce procedures.
- Able to oversee multiple tasks, prioritising and delegating as required.
- Strong leadership skills. Coaching and training skills.
- This is a field-based position and working and living conditions may be very different to that previously experienced.
Before you apply, please ensure you are fully aware of the:
- Medair organisational values.
- Profiles sought for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
- Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
- Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
Then to apply, go to the “Current Vacancies” page, then:
apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs)
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed. Medair does not set closing / deadline dates for applications; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
About the Organization
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, regardless of political, social or religious viewpoint. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity—working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: health care and nutrition; safe water, sanitation, and hygiene; shelter and infrastructure.