Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA, USA is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates to join the USAID-funded West Africa Municipal WASH (MuniWASH) Activity. The advertised position will be based in Cotonou, Benin. The purpose of MuniWASH is to strengthen the ability of municipal governments and urban water and sanitation service providers to improve, expand, and sustain equitable water and sanitation services to meet the needs of the urban poor and underserved populations.
The Finance and Investment Advisor will facilitate increased investment in WASH services. This includes developing a WASH investment pipeline that meets current and future demand from growth-minded service providers and small enterprises. In addition, the advisor will support analysis, outreach, and facilitation of deals with potential investors.
* Responsible for leading tasks related to investment mobilization for urgently needed water and sanitation infrastructure and equipment.
* Under direction of the Deputy Chief of Party, serves as the point of contact between MuniWASH and potential public and private investors.
* Implements tasks related to increasing public and private investment including assessments of existing private sector investment, analysis of trends, identification of potential investment opportunities, outreach to investors, and facilitation of deals with relevant government or service provider entities.
* Explores alternative financing mechanisms and products.
* Mobilizes STTA to support investment strategies.
*A Master’s Degree (BAC+5) in a related field preferred, a Bachelor’s Degree equivalent required.
*5-10 years of relevant professional experience.
* Deep familiarity with investment mobilization, private sector engagement, and/or public-private partnerships.
*Fluency in written and spoken French is required; proficiency in English is preferred.
*Experience working in West Africa. Benin nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* 3 references
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.