Abt Associates, a global leader in implementing technical assistance programs and research in the fields of economic growth, agriculture, social and environmental policy, and climate change, seeks highly qualified candidates for the anticipated five-year USAID-funded Rwanda Facilitate Investment Required for Sustainable Export (FIRST) Activity which aims to increase agricultural exports through 1) facilitation of inclusive policy reforms using evidence-based analyses and strengthened advocacy capacity of private sector organizations; and 2) support local actors (government and private sector) to attract, mobilize and direct public and private financing resources towards productive priority projects.
The Finance and Investment Advisor will lead the activity’s liaison with financial institutions including commercial banks, and other sources of funds including equity funds, venture capital funds, credit guarantee schemes and other risk mitigation mechanisms. This position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, and is contingent upon project award to Abt Associates.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Draw on experience in banking, blended finance, risk analyses to identify appropriate financing solutions for export oriented enterprises
- Collaborate with, and support public and private stakeholders to improve the investment climate in Rwanda
- Lead the strategy and implementation of project activities that will generate potential interest from investors in global markets
- Engage with government and financial institutions (lending banks, MFIs, private equity, investment funds, development finance, and foundations) to facilitate greater access to financing
- Evaluate investor’s financial proposals together with business clients to assess the viability of proposals and advise clients as appropriate.
- Analyze the business plan and financial statements of business clients to build bankability and properly advise on potential investments, market alliances or other growth opportunities
- Undertake financial research and report on prospective investment avenues
- Be familiar with the institutional and legal framework faced by export oriented firms and run financial scenarios that include industry specific competitiveness benchmarks
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with financial institutions
- Master Degree in management, finance, mathematics, accounting
- Relevant work experience in investment promotion including experience in in banking, blended finance, risk analyses and mitigation, preferably in Rwanda
- 10 years professional experience working in enterprise finance
- Fluent in English
- (8+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation; driving innovation and measurable impact for more than 50 years. What sets us apart is our evidence-based and multi-disciplinary approach to solving tough challenges in health, social and environmental policy and international development.
Specific areas we work in include:
- Education and workforce development
- Climate change and the environment
- Food security and agriculture
- Housing and communities
- Survey and data collection
Abt is a mission-driven company with a staff of 2,600. Our focus is on using evidence and cutting-edge methods to improve the lives and economic well-being of people worldwide.