Chemonics seeks a finance and operations director for the anticipated USAID Liberia Health Systems Strengthening project, based in Monrovia, Liberia. This project will provide targeted support to strengthen the Liberian health system through improving leadership and governance, reinforcing health information systems for data-driven decision-making, strengthening community-level health services, and addressing challenges with water sanitation and hygiene. The program will enhance the capacity of the Liberian Ministry of Health to support the necessary health systems and policies required to provide high-quality services across Liberia. The finance and operations director reports to the chief of party and will lead the development and implement of key management systems that will support project planning, reporting, performance management, financial management, property and technical procurement, grants management, and personnel management. The finance and operations director will supervise the financial and administrative operations of the project, including logistics, procurement, budgeting, financial management, human resources, and compliance. Ideal candidates will be knowledgeable about current health systems strengthening models and service delivery approaches. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Support the chief of party to develop and implement key management systems that will support project planning, reporting, and performance management
- Ensure compliance with U.S. government regulations, Chemonics’ corporate policies, and Liberian law
- Establish standards and procedures to ensure that compliance programs throughout the project are effective and efficient
- Update project procedure and policy manuals as necessary
- Plan and track financial and administrative activities with home-office and field-office staff to evaluate needs for implementation, keeping the home office updated on the financial status of the project and the execution of the budge
- Provide financial oversight and management of accounting personnel and procedures according to Chemonics policies, including the preparation of financial statements or other budget figures contractually required by Chemonics and USAID
- Supervise project human resources, including the recruitment, hiring, training, and termination (as necessary) of personnel
- Oversee annual performance evaluation process for all project employees
- Supervise and provide regular and constructive feedback to project staff
- A bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in public health, medicine, international development preferred
- Minimum of seven years of experience managing USAID contracts with strong skills in procurement/subcontracting, compliance, financial management, human resources, and client management
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement complex USAID-funded public health programs or projects in a developing country context
- Knowledge of Liberian operating environment preferred, including registration, taxes, and labor law
- Skilled in leading and managing high-performing teams composed of local and international staff
- Experience recruiting, forming, and managing teams and ensuring the quality of their products
- Ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs
- Demonstrated experience as a project lead prioritizing multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines, exercising professional judgment, and communicating the established program message
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Please apply through https://bit.ly/2rO3z0P until July 31, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.