RTI is seeking Finance and Operations Director for an anticipated USAID Cote d’Ivoire integrated health project (malaria, maternal and child health and family planning). The position will be based in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire. The position is contingent upon award and funding.
- Manages all financial and operational aspects of the project and ensures compliance with RTI and USG financial and accounting policies and procedures, ensuring overall programmatic procurement integrity.
- Oversees preparation and submission of monthly financial statements (including expenses, receivable and payables).
- Ensures timely submission of expense reports, bank reconciliations and wire transfer requests to corporate headquarters in the US.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual expenditures and prepares pipeline estimates for the project.
- Prepares biweekly cash requirements; monitors cash flow and reconciles cash accounts in order to maintain appropriate cash balances.
- Oversees human resource management, procurement, and payroll administration to the project.
- Ensures appropriate systems and cost effective, timely procedures such as cash management, vendor payments, and budgeting are in place to properly disburse, account, budget and report funds and have the proper internal controls.
- Provides technical assistance as required to build financial management capacity of local partners and grantees.
- Reviews technical and financial proposals from local NGOs including negotiating annual budgets, and reviews grantee financial expenditure reports for accuracy and adherence to the SOW and budget.
- Implements and monitors cost effective and efficient systems and procedures.
- Supervises administrative and financial support team members.
- Advanced degree in business administration, economics, or finance.
- At least 10 years’ experience in international donor-funded financial and grants management, with a minimum of 5 years of senior-level experience overseeing administration and finance management for programs of similar size and scope.
- Proven expertise in finance, accounting, and auditing, monitoring of grant compliance and management and the establishment of internal controls.
- Prior experience overseeing finance and administration for a USG-funded project of a similar size and complexity is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of USAID administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems along with strategic program planning, management, supervision, and budgeting expertise.
- Excellent track record of good interpersonal, supervision, leadership, and managerial skills.
- Results-oriented and team player and ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
- Prior experience managing a team of highly successful staff working in multiple locations/field offices.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access plus working knowledge of accounting and procurement software (particularly QuickBooks) is preferable;
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently within Cote d’Ivoire.
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in French and English (tested FSI R4/S4).