IREX seeks Finance and Operations Director candidates for an expected five-year $15 million USAID-funded media development program in Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, and Tajikistan. The objective of this activity is to generate a more balanced information environment in Central Asia to increase openness among youth and adults for differing ideas, opinions and perspectives. This, in turn, will increase engagement of youth and adults across Central Asia in more informed civic participation. The Finance and Operations Director will support the Chief of Party in meeting program objectives and will be responsible for overseeing all financial activities and operations.
The position is contingent on funding. Citizens of Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the program meets all IREX, USAID and host countries requirements relative to USAID funds accountability and local laws
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the agreement
- Maintain financial records for all program activities
- Ensure that appropriate financial record-keeping policies and practices are established and maintained
- Ensure that all procurement is in compliance with IREX policy and U.S. government regulations
- Monitor project budgets and provide required reporting
- Coordinate with IREX Finance teams in the region and liaise with IREX home office financial, compliance and field operations teams
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate degree in accounting or business administration from an accredited university
- At least six years of experience in the administration of donor-funded programs of similar size and scope; or an undergraduate degree in a relevant field and at least 10 years of experience in the administration of donor-funded programs
- Ability to compile and prepare financial and budget data in-line with USG rules and regulations
- Experience analyzing budget trends and monitoring funding levels across multiple accounts
- Expertise with procedures required for strong planning, monitoring, and alignment of complex budgets
- Expertise with procedures required for adequate planning, monitoring, and realigning of complex budgets
- Experience administering and ensuring compliance for subgrants
- Demonstrated ability to work with host government and cooperating partners in implementing a complex project in the field under challenging circumstances
- Excellent computer skills as they relate to financial management
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English
- Fluent Russian language skills. Additional ability to speak regional/local languages, for example, Tajik or Uzbek, preferred.
Go to https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o9TD7fww&s=Devex to submit your CV for consideration.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $80 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.