RTI International is seeking •Finance and Operations Manager• candidates for an upcoming USAID-funded Health Systems Strengthening Project that will strengthen the public health system of Nepal, its relationship with the private sector and its engagement with citizens, communities, and other health system stakeholders.• The project will demonstrate approaches to improve health outcomes, particularly for the most marginalized and disadvantaged groups, by strengthening data driven planning and governance of a decentralized health system, which in turn will increase access and utilization of equitable, accountable and quality maternal, child and reproductive health services, with specific focus on newborn care. The position will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Manage all financial and operational aspects of the project and ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with RTI international policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulation, award requirements, and Government of Nepali laws.
- Oversee preparation and submission of monthly financial statements (including expenses, receivable and payables).
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial and operations aspects of project.
- Advise senior leadership regularly on matters related to finance.
- Ensure timely submission of expense reports, bank reconciliations and wire transfer requests to corporate headquarters in the US.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual expenditures and prepare pipeline estimates for the project.
- Oversee human resource management, procurement, payroll administration to the project.
- Provide technical assistance as required to build financial management capacity of local partners, as required.
- Implement and monitor cost effective and efficient systems and procedures.
- Supervise administrative, procurement, and financial staff and support team members.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party.
Qualifications and experience:
- A Master•s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field and 6 years of experience or a Bachelor•s degree and 10 years• experience.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in financial and administrative management of large development projects.
- Demonstrated experience with financial and administrative systems of large international development projects.
- Experience managing financial transactions on USAID-funded programs and familiarity with USAID regulations and procedures.
- Strong management, organizational and interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in a team-oriented setting are necessary.
- Proven written and oral presentation skills in English and Nepali.
- Excellent working knowledge in MS Office Applications.
This position is contingent upon funding and award.
About the OrganizationIDG Global Health