The Kaizen Company seeks a Finance and Operations Manager to support a proposed local capacity strengthening program for East Timorese CSOs. The program will help select CSOs to build the knowledge and skills required to run an efficient, cost effective, accountable, transparent, and technically proficient organization, targeting both the capabilities of the institution as well as the individuals within the institution.
- Maintain all administrative and financial records for the project and prepare reports in compliance with USAID and Kaizen policies
- Establish and manage financial and procurements systems and set of protocols that enable transparency, accountability, and accuracy
- Manage internal control processes, procurement, audits, and other administrative functions
- Manage the overall operations of the project field office, including HR, procurement, finance, and other files
- Conducting trainings, developing training materials, and other tasks as needed or requested by the Chief of Party (COP)
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, public administration, or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing finance and operations for development projects in East Timor
- Knowledge of the USAID project cycle, agency policies, regulations and reporting requirements for financial management and procurement
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- High level of proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; working knowledge of budget management software required
- Fluency in English
- Effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills
- Preference for candidates who are East Timorese Nationals
- Preference for candidates with working proficiency in Portuguese and/or Tetum
About the Organization
The Kaizen Company (www.thekaizencompany.com) is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals.
We leverage existing knowledge, technology, and new media, and local peer networks to support local reforms. Since our inception, we have provided support to more than 100 government, private-sector, and non-profit organizations in markets worldwide. We have created solutions that achieve outcomes across a broad range of sectors including education, governance, economic growth, environment and water, energy, and global law enforcement.