Panagora Group, a woman-owned small business specializing in global health and international development, seeks a Finance and Operations Manager to support an anticipated five-year monitoring, evaluation, and learning for sustainability (MELS) activity for USAID/Peru. The MELS Activity will provide USAID/Peru with technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation of the Mission’s portfolios, to improve the achievement and sustainability of USAID’s development outcomes. The position is contingent upon award and USAID approval.
The Finance and Operations Manager will be responsible for all finance and operational processes in the MELS activity office. This full-time position will be located in Lima, Peru and is long-term.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develops, manages and implements all activity office policies in compliance with all applicable Panagorapolices, client policies, and local laws.
- Lead and oversea country operations, Finance and Accounting, Human Resource Management, Procurement and Purchasing, Facilities and Office Services, In-Country Travel, Workshops and Logistics.
- Supervises staff Bookkeeper and Administration Coordinator employees ensuring excellent performance in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Oversees cash flow, including fund transfers from the home office, local currency exchanges, and petty cash.
- Works with staff Bookkeeper to reconcile bank accounts in collaboration with the home office, as part of a month-end closing process.
- Supports home office in development and administration of subcontracts and local partner agreements.
- Liaises with the home office to conduct the final review of vouchers and vendor invoices to ensure the maintenance of thorough financial documentation on all activity office transactions.
- Ensures that all paid invoices agree with supporting documentation, including price quotes, purchase requests, purchase orders, per Panagora’s and USAID procedures for procurement.
- Maintains current standing with all mandated tax liabilities and organization registrations.
- Reviews and prepares as necessary country activity travel advances, processes travel claims and works with country program staff to resolve accounting related issues.
- Administers local benefits plans, including tracking staff vacation and sick leave balances.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting or finance or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated capacity to support a financial management or general ledger system
- Must be a legal resident of Peru. S/he may be Peruvian or an expatriate already living in Peru with a minimum of five years’ experience living and working in developing country
- Fluency in English, Spanish and Portuguese preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory, contractual, legal, and financial compliance requirements associated with USAID funding required
- Prior experience working on USAID funded projects strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge working on MS Excel and QuickBooks and other accounting software
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to details.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and adapt to frequently changing priorities
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our vision is to provide high-quality, high-impact social and economic development consulting, with a special focus on public-private partnerships, human and institutional capacity-building, knowledge sharing and collaborative learning, NGO/community engagement, and integrated solutions that build country capacity and independence.
Please visit our website at https://panagoragroup.net/jobs/ to apply. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.