ABA ROLI is seeking a Finance and Operations Officer to be based in Hong Kong to oversee the financial and administration operations of ABA ROLI in Hong Kong. Under the supervision of the Program Director and ABA ROLI Asia/Pacific Division (located in Washington DC), the Finance and Operations Officer will be responsible to maintain ABA ROLI’s financial requirements, prepare financial reports and coordinate with other staff and the Washington team to support program finance in compliance with donors’ and ABA ROLI’s policies and procedures. The Finance and Operations Officer will also assist in procurement and personnel management matters in accordance with relevant Hong Kong laws. The Finance and Operations Officer will work in a small team on programs to advance the rule of law in partnership with legal institutions and universities in Hong Kong.
The initial duration of the contract is expected to be for approximately 2 years, with potential for extension, and is currently anticipated to commence in September 2019.
- - Ensure the effective and accurate management of the financial and accounting systems and that financial policies and procedures are in alignment with ABA ROLI’s, donors’ requirements and Vietnam laws;
- - Receive receipts, records expenses in Quickbooks, and prepares monthly office expense reports;
- - Reconcile the office bank account regularly;
- - Review Bank Statements against Quickbooks records;
- - Maintain the office petty cash and related records;
- - Prepare regular payroll summary reports from timesheets to submit to external contracted payroll service provider;
- - Prepare reports and responses to government agencies regarding financial and operational matters as required by law, filing all required documents and maintaining ABA’s registration in Hong Kong;
- - Prepare and manage all types of financial reporting, including but not limited to quarterly reports, project financial reports, statement of accounts and financial audit as requested;
- - Provide analysis and advice on the reports and best practices to support the Program Director(s) to deliver required outcomes in an effective manner;
- - Collaborate effectively with the program team in Hong Kong, ABA ROLI’s Asia/Pacific Division in Washington DC and with partners and vendors in all finance and operations processes, and in particular with budget preparation and monitoring, and provide advice to improve operational and finance outcomes;
- - Establish and implement procedures to ensure effective internal control and risk management and provide accurate and reliable reporting in line with ABA ROLI’s and donors’ requirements;
- - Undertake procurement in accordance with ABA ROLI policies;
- - Assist in recruitment and personnel management in accordance with relevant Hong Kong laws;
- - Safeguard ABA ROLI assets through effective monitoring and management;
- - Oversee office logistics and supplies;
- - Monitor and understand changes in operational and financial regulations and keep senior management informed;
- - Provide support on logistical arrangements for program activities;
- - Collaborate with ABA ROLI headquarters and local authorities to ensure that finance and operations are compliant with local laws and regulations;
- - Perform other related duties as required.
- - University degree in Finance, Commerce and/or Accounting, ideally with a professional accounting qualification.
- - Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position, with experience in project accounting and financial management of donor funded programs, ideally with experience working on a US Government-funded project.
- - Advanced IT skills, particularly MS Excel; strong skills in other MS Office software a plus.
- - Experience with Quickbooks and other accounting and financial reporting and project management tools.
- - Highly organized, with ability to multi-task and remain calm under time pressure.
- - Demonstrated ability to work effectively individually and as a team.
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- - Ability to use discretion when working with confidential documents and information.
- - Fluency in Cantonese and English.
- - Familiarity with Hong Kong government filing requirements.
Interested applicants can submit their CVs/Resumes and cover letters at email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
For more information about what we do at ABA ROLI please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/about.html