Your Job: Reporting directly to the CEO, you’ll play a key role in driving the company’s growth–while overseeing compliance, accounting, and administration staff and functions. This position is full-time; compensation is competitive and includes stock options.
- Lead annual budget processes, quarterly forecasting & reporting, long-range planning, and growth modeling. Lead ongoing cost optimization analysis across all business units.
- Manage a distributed global team of accounting and compliance staff and outside contractors.
- Lead finance-side set-up of new business units and/or regional offices.
- For Souktel’s US government contracts, oversee ongoing compliance with FAR, OMB, AIDAR & FAM requirements.
- For US government contracts, lead annual ICR review & NICRA planning.
- Conduct final reviews of US government cost proposals, prior to bid submission.
- Maintain and monitor implementation of all corporate accounting policies & procedures.
- Lead annual US govt. Single Audit and prepare SEFA.
- Ensure ongoing US tax & financial regulatory compliance and maintenance of internal controls. Oversee financial & operational risk monitoring and mitigation.
- Lead ESOP administration & reporting.
- Advanced degree in finance, accounting, or business administration.
- 7+ years’ work experience in a senior financial management, accounting and/or compliance role, including leadership of US govt. Single Audit processes.
- Strong experience in financial planning & analysis at portfolio and project levels.
- Expertise in Deltek Costpoint, COGNOS, B+P, and/or CFO dashboard preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a distributed/virtual team.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to confidently and professionally deliver public presentations.
To Apply: Please e-mail your CV or LinkedIn profile link to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please include “Application for Director of Finance and Compliance” with your last name. Application period ends at 5 pm, Washington, DC local time, on Friday, April 27, 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
About Us: Souktel Digital Solutions is a market-leading Technology for Development company serving the international aid and development sector. Founded in 2006, Souktel changed the face of international development by launching the first job and aid information services on mobile devices. Today, we design and deliver advisory services and digital solutions for 50+ leading implementers across 35 countries the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Souktel’s investors include Sadara Ventures (a fund backed by Google, Cisco, the Skoll Foundation and the Soros Economic Development Fund), and San-Francisco-based 500 Startups. In 2015, the Wall Street Journal declared Souktel’s core product “one of five apps bringing the Next Billion online”. In 2016, we received the PayPal award for Promoting Equality Through Technology.