Chemonics seeks a finance director for the five-year Tunisia Youth and Community Resilience Project, which will apply a community-led approach to address youth and community needs and build resilience. The activity will support communities in creating alternative pathways for youth to promote positive outcomes. The finance director will oversee all aspects of financial management and accounting for the activity, including supervising finance staff in regional field offices. The director will be responsible for ensuring that all members of the program finance team are appropriately trained, perform at a professional level, and coordinate, as needed, with the program and operations teams in Tunisia. The director will work closely with the grants manager to provide grantee financial management support and training, as necessary, to prospective grantees. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee overall project finances, including processing vendor/grantee payments and the payroll
- Oversee the preparation and remittance of all applicable taxes and financial reports in accordance with legal requirements in Tunisia
- Provide timely, accurate expenditures reports and projections, including preparation of monthly wire-transfer requests
- Supervise, train, and mentor members of the finance team, including accountants and bookkeepers
- Oversee project bank accounts and safe and petty cash funds
- Manage project and field accounting systems and daily internal financial operations
- In coordination with the grants manager, assess potential grant recipient capabilities related to finance and activity implementation, and advise on ways to enhance grantee financial responsibility
- Advanced degree in a relevant field, such as accounting, commerce, or business administration, required
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience in financial management and accounting, preferably in Tunisia
- Strong knowledge of Tunisia’s financial, tax, and legal requirements strongly preferred
- Experience managing large finance teams or experience with remote management
- Demonstrated experience preparing financial expenditure reports and budget projections for donor-funded projects
- Demonstrated experience establishing project financial management processes and procedures or improving the efficiency of financial management and reporting
- Prior experience on USAID projects with grants components preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting systems and software applications
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English and French required; fluency in Arabic preferred
Please send electronic submissions, including your CV and cover letter (and references, if applicable), to TunisiaYCR@chemonics.com by January 31, 2018, with “Finance Director” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.