Creative Associates International seeks a Finance Manager for an anticipated civic engagement and peace project, funded by USAID, to promote stability, local solutions, and citizen participation to mitigate conflict and empower civil society in South Sudan. The Finance Manager is to be based in Juba, South Sudan and will provide overall financial and accounting oversight and management for the project. This position will also be a liaison with the Creative’s HQ to ensure full compliance with regulations and policies about the implementation of effective internal controls and ensure compliance with USAID policies and regulations.
This position reports to the Chief of Party.
- Ensure that the project meets all USAID contractual requirements and ensure compliance with USAID policies and regulations;
- Provide financial oversight, including the maintenance and monitoring of the project budget, tracking the project expenditures and projections;
- Manage financial systems, files, and maintain Creative’s online accounting system;
- Liaise between Creative’s field and headquarters offices regarding project’s financial matters and all internal or external audit requests, as needed;
- Process check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements;
- Manage, review and process payroll, invoices and in-field fee payments in accordance with Creative accounting procedures and USAID’s policies;
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project expenses, accruals, and projections;
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office, and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining current project expense data;
- Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information and forward to Finance & Contracts for review and approval by the Controller;
- Prepare monthly field expense reports, and report monthly expenses to HQ Offices;
- Provide Project Director and the COP with project’s current financial status;
- Provide financial management and systems training for project staff.;
- Travel to field location(s) as necessary and provide oversight to field office financial systems and processes if needed;
- Provide training and guidance to grantees, local partners, and beneficiaries, as needed;
- Review and approve the financial close-out of program activities, and verify documentation and information is complete;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least a university degree in business, finance, accounting, management, economics, or a related field;
- At least six (6) years’ experience in administrative and finance management of complex, development programs, developing and managing budgets;
- Experience working in/on fragile or post-conflict states preferred;
- Fluency in US Government policies and procedures in regards, financial reporting, procurement processes and systems; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrable financial management experience on USAID cooperative agreements, including USAID policy, procedures, and reporting requirements, experience managing USAID-funded grants programs, and experience in field based accounting.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
This is an unaccompanied post.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.