Position Type: Full-Time (based on contract award)
Work Location: Peru
ME&A is recruiting a Finance Manager for the USAID/Peru Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning for Sustainability (MELS) contract. The purpose of MELS is to provide USAID/Peru, including its bilateral and South America Regional portfolios, as well as USAID/Brazil and USAID/Paraguay, with technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation of the Mission’s portfolios, in order to improve the achievement and sustainability of USAID’s development outcomes. Additionally, MELS will provide services to strengthen the monitoring, evaluation, and learning capabilities of USAID/Peru staff, targeted local partners and Government of Peru (GOP) stakeholders. The Mission focuses on sustainable natural resource management and increased public services in the Amazon basin.
The Finance Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining the Peru Activity’s financial integrity. The Financial Manager will manage and perform key tasks, with emphasis on optimal performances, timely action and proactive systems development for all accounting & financial matters. The manager will report directly to the project’s COP and will be expected to work closely with the home office.
- Responsible for all accounting & financial matters reporting directly to the project’s Chief of Party and ME&A Home Office representatives under USAID’s policy and procedures.
- Responsible for day-to-day accounting and financial functions, reviewing of financial documents for accuracy, maintaining records and preparing transfer requests, monitoring project expenses, and ensuring that financial and account functions of the office are carried out within the framework of ME&A and USAID policies and procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining the project’s financial integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least six (6) years of work experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager with USAID funded programs.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations of USAID.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to direct and supervise.
- Fluency in Spanish required, fluency in English and Portuguese desired.
- Expertise in Peru highly desired, and experience in Brazil and Paraguay are a plus.
- Resident or citizen of Peru required.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
Only selected candidates will be called for an interview. ME&A Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment based on race, age, color, religion, sex and sexual preference, national origin, individual with disabilities, veteran status. ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.