CARE seeks a Finance Manager(FM) driven by integrity and passion to provide temporary support to the DRC program. S\he will support the Country Office(CO) team meet the deadlines of the budgeting calendar, proposal Development & Budget Monitoring; coordinate ongoing review of the Trial Balance and the discussion with all finance staff to ensure that required corrective measure are implemented; coordinate the monthly response to Financial Analysis Reports and ensure that required improvements are implemented without delays; ensure that staff benefits accruals are done on monthly basis and also supported by required schedules Management Reporting.
The FM will lead the discussion of financial management reports between Finance & CD & SMT; ensure that verification of partners expense liquidation is well coordinated and with required quality, that field visits to partners for capacity building purpose is well coordinated and conducted, transfers to partners are made without delays and liquidations are received without delays. This position is based in Goma, DRC.
Reporting to the Country Director, The FM will ensure that the Donor Reporting Calendar is updated on on-going basis and shared with SMT, budget holders and Finance; monitor all required Grants Milestones (including but not limited to getting FC/PID from SSC BGC, including but not limited to audits, forecasts, donor receivables collections etc.; based on the Regional work done in collaboration with the CO, ADVANCE in the implementation of the CO improvements and monitor progress; assess any area requiring improvement and ensure effective communication with the Regional Finance Support Coordinator and Audit Compliance Coordinator for any pertinent information for improvement in compliance and Control functions; protects the organization assets through internal controls; ensures the CO payroll and other non-PeopleSoft systems provide adequate controls; reviews all leases and other contracts that require current and future use of the organization’s assets and make any relevant recommendations to the CD; ensures CO compliance with donor rules and regulations; The FM will work closely with the RO in seeking support as may be necessary so that the implementation of recommendations is done on a timely basis;
• Support CO proposal budget development and ensure to comply with the Awards & Sub-Awards new
• Organize and lead the discussions between finance and budget holders on monthly Budgets Vs. Actual(BVA)
• Lead the follow up on all receivables to ensure that liquidations are done timely and donor funds charged in a timely manner
• Lead the production of the financial management reports and share the same with SMT
• Conduct any appropriate analysis and share the same with CD&SMT to support the decision making
• Lead the production of Donor Reports, verify the same and coordinate with Budget Holders to ensure that reports are sent within the deadlines
• Ensure that Awards and Sub-awards Policy is applied in all the process from selection to close-out
• Lead the interaction between National Program Coordinator, Budget Holders with Grants & Contracts Officers to ensure that partners support is smoothly coordinated
• Ensures CO compliance with CARE’s accounting policy and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Ensures CO accounting systems and procedures comply with CARE’s global policy and procedures; protects the organization assets through internal controls
• Ensures CO preparedness for annual financial and donor audits
• Conduct training to finance and none finance staff as appropriate and as may be required
• ACCA/CA or ACA with graduate in finance or commerce.
• At least two (2) years working experience in managing finance function in CARE USA.
• Working experience on PEOPLESOFT system
• Ability to work with people of various cultures
• Excellent oral and written English skills.
• Working knowledge of French.
Successful candidate is expected to start on January 19, 2019 therefore submitting an application carries the expectation to accept this offer with this start date
About the Organization
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. Women are at the heart of CARE's community-based efforts to improve basic education, prevent the spread of disease, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity and protect natural resources. CARE also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and helps people rebuild their lives.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.