In October 2016, USAID/Nigeria awarded DEVTECH Systems Inc. the Support for Strategic Information and Program Management Services (S4SIPMS) Project in support of the HIV/AIDS, TB Program in Nigeria. The Project also supports the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) efforts to make strategic investments in quality programming that yield greater impact on saving lives and improving the health status of people living with HIV. This award is a response to requirements set out by the Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator (OGAC). For USAID/Nigeria’s Office of HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis (TB) to accomplish its charge in the fight against HIV/AIDS, the Mission team was tasked with supporting the strengthening of the Nigerian national health system through the use of Site Improvement through Monitoring Systems (SIMS). SIMS continuously monitors and assesses sites receiving PEPFAR funding to ensure effective quality program implementation, and the adherence to national and international standards and accountability. This impact would come through achieving the objectives below:
1. Planning and Conducting SIMS Assessments
- Support for all data collection, analysis, reporting and quality improvement (QI) needs through the use of the SIMS tools;
- Support the management and application of SIMS assessments per the Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator (OGAC) requirements; and
- Promote a quality management/quality improvement (QM/QI) approach to service delivery and processes
2. Capacity Building for Data Use
- Increase the capacity of implementing partners (IPs) and strengthen the Mission’s capacity to utilize SIMS data for continuous quality improvement and program monitoring
3. Synthesize Evaluation Lessons and Analyze to determine Policy Implications
- Increase proper documentation, recording, data demand and use; and
- Foster country ownership and sustainability for program improvement and services delivery through data use
DevTech is seeking a local, short term Finance Manager consultant to support the Director of Operations in the management of country office finance and operation activities, while the S4SIPMS Finance Manager is on leave. The Manager will be responsible for monitoring country office expenditures and ensuring compliance with USAID and DevTech procedures. This will be a full-time position with benefits, based in Abuja, Nigeria. Only Nigerian applicants will be considered.
Scope of Work:
- Implement processes and apply the rules, regulations, and procedures of DevTech and USAID.
- Provide oversight and supervision to regional logistics and administrative staff to ensure smooth functioning of the office, including office running and maintenance.
- Manage the procurement process and ensure necessary documentation of procurement processes for goods and services.
- Ensure that assets and inventories are reconciled and updated in all field offices.
- Prepare necessary documentation, review and perform calculations in compliance with DevTech and USAID policies.
- Travel to regional offices to support and train regional staff and ensure compliance in logistics, procurement, and supporting documents for expenditures.
- Ensure timely approval and payment procedures.
- Oversee the petty cash disbursement and ensure proper reconciliation and replenishment.
- Support travel arrangements, including collecting and processing travel advances and expenses.
- Support Director of Operations in budget, accounting and finance activities.
- Support Director of Operations to compile and prepare the monthly expenditure report.
- Support Director of Operations to ensure quarterly accruals reporting and other financial reports to donor are prepared and submitted on time.
- Support Human Resources duties, such as training regional staff on travel expense reporting.
- Coordinate with Director of Operations and Headquarters Controller.
Deliverables, Level of Effort, & Schedule:
- Consultant will fulfill all Finance Manager tasks as required and directed by the Director of Operations.
- Level of Effort anticipated to be between 4-5 months (August-December 2018).
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience managing multi-million dollar USG/USAID contracts, including experience in supporting finance, procurement, operations, administration, logistics, and human resource tasks.
- Knowledge of financial software applications (e.g. Quickbooks).
- S/he will have demonstrated progressive experience working in the field of finance and compliance with knowledge of USAID requirements.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements outlined here are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.