Requisition ID: req769
Job Title: Finance Manager - Program Quality Unit
Employment Category: Regular
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
Over the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The IRC is on the ground in more than 35 countries, providing emergency relief, relocating refugees and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. Through 29 offices in cities across the United States, the IRC also helps refugees and other immigrants resettle in the U.S. and become self-sufficient. The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve. The IRC is a tireless advocate for the most vulnerable.
The IRC Finance Team seeks to achieve excellence in financial management by providing accurate and timely financial information to IRC management and programs, by adhering to established financial practices and accounting principles, and by ensuring functional financial systems to support the operations.
The Finance Manager reports to the Senior Finance Officer, both of whom support IRC’s HQ program areas including the Program Quality Units, Emergency Unit and Research & Development (R&D) financial management.
The Finance Manager maintains the grant portfolio for the Program Quality Unit (PQU), Emergency Unit & R&D, preparing all donor financial reports in required formats for external submission. The Finance Manager act as a backup to the grants coordinators in PQU if there were gaps in staffing or additional capacity for budgeting or financial grant management required.
* Maintains list of active Technical Unit-led grants and pipeline;
* Acts as back-up to grants coordinators in event of vacancy
* Reviews the balance sheets related to the assigned portfolio of grants and tracks grant close over/underspend, including amounts returned to donors.
* Receives or creates all journal entries related to the portfolio
* Prepares all donor financial reports for PQU, Emergency & R&D units, including consolidation of multi-location and multi-unit reporting for all grants in the portfolio and other required annexes for donor submission.
* Maintains schedule of donor report submission deadlines and ensure reports are submitted timely and accurately.
* Supports the Senior Finance officer as needed on assigned tasks
Education: Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or other related fields, or equivalent work experience
Work Experience: 2+ years experience in Finance
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
* Experience with financial related software (spreadsheets, accounting packages);
* Experience with financial reporting
* Solid organizational skills: the ability to process detailed information accurately and efficiently;
* Flexible work attitude: the ability to work independently and the willingness to meet unexpected demands;
* Solid communication and interpersonal: the ability to effectively liaise with colleagues in a diverse multi-cultural environment;
* Excellent Computer skills: facility with MS Excel, Word, accounting software, and email/online web-based applications.
* The position will work in the New York City Headquarters location
* Standard office work environment
About the Organization
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 27 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.