Creative Associates seeks a Finance Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Tunisia focused on legislative strengthening. Based in Tunis, Tunisia, the Finance Manager will manage the project’s financial systems. S/he will work under the supervision of the Chief of Party (COP) and will work on all matters related to financial management, financial reporting, subcontracting. S/he will also ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation of project activities and support programs. Specific areas of responsibility include financial report preparation, review and submission to headquarters and cash flow management, and grant payments.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Finance Manager will report to the COP or his/her designate.
- Supervise and ensure day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions are performed in compliance with internal and client’s policies and procedures;
- Ensure funds’ availability and verify that all procurement and Grants-Under-Contract actions are compliant with internal and client’s financial management guidelines;
- Ensure that all accounting data is updated, reconciled and fully supported with backup docs.
- Ensure timely processing of staff payroll, allowances and other reimbursements;
- Oversee financial and administrative functions of the execution of grants to all grantees;
- Monitor program and operational forecasting, establish and maintain cash controls to ensure supply of adequate funds;
- Manages the project’s finances to meet the financial reporting requirements, ensuring that all financial reports are submitted on or before the deadlines;
- Produce segregated finance records at the request of the COP such as expenses for specific reports or grants;
- Ensure accurate and smooth month & year-end closing and reporting within agreed schedules.
- Provide financial status of project expenses and budget information, as and when required by the COP;
- Prepare budgets, monitor, review and revise as required in consultation with the COP;
- Prepare Budget vs. Actual analysis and report the variances to the COP;
- Ensure proper controls are maintained;
- Ensure compliance with the Country local laws, particularly on withholding taxes;
- Ensure timely deposit of withholding taxes and reporting to local tax authorities;
- Alert potential non-compliance financial issues to the attention of the COP;
- Coordinate with Program and Grant Teams to establish proper controls for grants management;
- Ensure and routinely test for maintenance of audit-ready documentation; and
- Work closely with Creative Associates’ headquarters project director and manager, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, financial analysis or accounting desirable; Master’s degree preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. Government (USG) financial rules and regulations;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel or advanced accounting systems preferred;
- Strong understanding of USAID regulations and procedures pertaining to financial management and reporting, grants management, and ability to interpret and explain USAID financial regulations;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills; and
- Fluency in English and French is required.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Prior finance management experience working on USAID contracts, cooperative agreements or grants; and,
- Proficiency in written and spoken French and Arabic.