This is a short-term pilot project which aims to establish a skilled, capacitated community police force in Syria, which will result in better security, reduce friction between residents and security forces, and therefore leave less space for malign actors in a post-conflict setting. This program would be an 8-9-month pilot program with the possibility of extension.
The Finance Officer oversees day to day financial operations of the program. The Finance Officer ensures that operational policies and procedures are followed and implemented consistently and in strict compliance with U.S. Government rules and regulations as well as financial reporting requirements to the Government of Germany. Please note: this position is only open to persons legally authorized to work in Germany.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Finance Officer will report to the Implementation Manager.
- Process field payment requests from the Berlin office for operational procurements;
- Make program payments from the official Creative GmbH bank portal to program vendors;
- Review the program milestone payments and submit to Headquarters with supporting documents for processing;
- Track and maintain the petty cash register for program petty cash;
- Prepare projections as requested for operational or programmatic periods;
- Track programmatic payments to the field and follow up as required with the Implementation Manager to ensure timely implementation of programming;
- Track and coordinate all financial payments to beneficiaries in coordination with home office finance;
- Review all field office and consultant timesheets for accuracy and compliance;
- Review all financial supporting documents from beneficiaries in order to verify all costs are allowable, allocable, and reasonable and supporting documentation is complete;
- Support training for beneficiaries on financial processes, as requested; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Over two (2) years of experience in an accountant, auditor, or finance officer position;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Working proficiency in English and German required;
- Arabic and/or Kurdish language skills strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. Government financial rules and regulations;
- Knowledge of advanced accounting systems preferred; and
- Must be legally authorized to work in Germany.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.