Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Finance & Operations Director candidates for an anticipated four-year USAID-funded program in Cambodia which will engage with Cambodian youth-led groups and foster the development and use of innovative approaches – including tools and platforms based on digital technologies – to promote information sharing aimed at improving public services (e.g., health, education, municipal services). The Finance & Operations Director will be responsible for the administrative and financial management of the program, including budget management, procurement, logistics, human resources and operations. S/he will oversee project staff and ensure highest standards in preparing financial reports, maintaining currency flow control, and project procurement and office administration. S/he will coordinate closely with IREX program and finance staff based in Phnom Penh and Washington, DC.
Citizens/residents of Cambodia are highly encouraged to apply. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assure that the program meets all IREX, USAID and host country requirements relative to USAID funds accountability and operations within the region
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the grant
- Maintain financial records for all program activities
- Ensure that appropriate financial record-keeping policies and practices are established and maintained
- Ensure that all grants management, financial management, and procurement is in compliance with IREX policy and U.S. government regulations
- Monitor project budgets and provide required reporting
- Coordinate with IREX Finance team in the home office
- Provide oversight of operational activities
- In coordination with IREX and the COP, establish and ensure implementation of program operational policies and procedures
- Provide direction, guidance, training and coaching to operations staff to ensure procedures are aligned with best practices and IREX and USG rules and regulations
- Assist in and/or lead the assessment of new areas of operations
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A graduate degree in a relevant social or administrative science, with at least 6 years of experience with financial management and/or project administration, preferably with USAID programs similar in scope or size; or an undergraduate degree in a relevant social or administrative science, with at least 10 years of experience with financial management and/or project administration
- Previous experience as a Deputy COP, Director of Admin and Finance, Operations Manager, or another senior managerial role on a donor-funded project
- Ability to successfully manage and develop staff in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated knowledge of management processes and systems, such as human resources management and development (including performance evaluation), financial management, and management of employee compensation systems
- Ability to compile and prepare financial and budget data in line with USG rules and regulations
- Experience analyzing budget trends and monitoring funding levels across multiple accounts
- Expertise with procedures required for adequate planning, monitoring, and realigning of complex budgets
- Experience administering grants
- Demonstrated ability to work with host government and cooperating partners in implementing a complex project in the field under challenging circumstances
- Skilled in managing and compiling financial data for reporting and ensuring compliance with all donor requirements
- Excellent computer skills as they relate to financial management
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills
- Fluency in English required, professional proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing in Khmer preferred.
Go to https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oAob9fw2&s=Devex to submit your CV for consideration.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.