Role & Responsibilities
In this newly created position, you will be responsible for Medair e.V.’s financial and business planning. You will organise financial transactions, handle payments and accounting, and record all donations that reach us.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Germany based in Wiesbaden, Germany.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Part time, 20 hours per week. 24 months, with the possibility of an open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
Tasks and responsibilities
- manage all incoming payments of the organisation - which comes both from private donations and institutional donors such as ECHO or the German Foreign Office - review outgoing payments and document them according to the specifications.
- as necessary, explain the figures with clarity so that colleagues involved in fundraising, public relations and project management are able to understand the context.
- supervise the monthly and annual financial statements in collaboration with auditors, tax advisors or other partners.
- communicate regularly with the Board of Directors and senior management on the financial situation of the organisation.
- provide donors with audit reports as requested or collaborate in their audits by providing up to date documentation.
- operate project accounting databases and systems, so that accurate financial data can be consulted at any time.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
How to apply
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
a) Medair organisational values
b) Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices
For more information please see the whole job advert (in German).
Please send your application exclusively by e-mail at email@example.com including:
- A curriculum vitae with a meaningful description of your previous work experience.
- Copies of training and work certificates.
- Your idea of the salary you deserve for this work.
About the Organization
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, regardless of political, social or religious viewpoint. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity—working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: health care and nutrition; safe water, sanitation, and hygiene; shelter and infrastructure.