Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, health, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E). Banyan Global is recruiting a full-time Laotian Finance Specialist to implement its activities under an upcoming USAID-funded project in Laos.
- Identify Laotian bank partners interested in lending to small and medium enterprises (SMEs); structure partnership agreements, develop monitoring tools, and provide technical assistance and training to bank staff.
- Design and implement technical interventions to catalyze financing forLaotian SMEs and agri-businesses.
- Build the capacity of Laotian business service advisory (BDS) firms in financial analysis, business planning, and general financial assistance to SMEs and agribusinesses.
- Identify Laotian agri-businesses and SMEs seeking debt/equity financing and support their financial needs to access investment.
- Support the development of SME business plans, cash/flow statements and other financial documents to secure short- and long-term financing.
- Provide thought leadership on innovative mechanisms to increase access to finance for SMEs, women-owned businesses and exporters.
- Five years of experience designing and implementing access to finance programs in Laos.
- Knowledge of and experience with SME financing, trade finance, and agricultural lending programs in Laos.
- Experience working with USAID or other international donor-funded projects.
- Experience in designing and delivering training and technical assistance for Laotian banks and financial institutions on SME financing.
- Experience providing hands-on technical assistance to agri-businesses and SMEs to support financing (e.g., developing a business plan, cash/flow statements).
- Advanced degree in relevant field (Accounting, Finance, MBA, or other).
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required.
Salary commensurate with background and experience. Please apply to the position through our website, https://careers-banyanglobal.icims.com/jobs/1345/finance-specialist%2c-laos/job, and include a cover letter and résumé in your submission. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Deadline for submissions is April 30, 2018. Please no phone calls.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. The firm has offices in Washington, DC and New York City and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within five practice areas: gender, health, microfinance, financial sector development, and enterprise development.