ICF seeks a Finance Specialist for a major Disaster Recovery Program. This position is full time and based at ICF’s offices in Puerto Rico.
This will be an extremely fast-paced project and while the work will be hard, the rewards will be great as we do our part to help rebuild Puerto Rico.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and dedicated team that delivers results and helps make BIG things possible. This position is based out of our Puerto Rico office and fluency in Spanish and English is an essential requirement. Preference will be given to local Puerto Rico applicants or those wishing to move back to Puerto Rico with current knowledge of local regulations.
The specialist will be responsible for the gathering of financial data for the project, including time, other direct costs, subcontractor and vendor invoices, and the development of financial reports and invoices to be submitted to the client. Will work closely with the Finance Lead for the Division to ensure the expenditures are in line with budgets and forecasting. Will work with Management Officer (PMO) to forecast time and expenses.
- Will review periodic reports from the ICF accounting system to ensure time and expenses are in line with the budget and forecasting.
- Review and approve subcontractor and vendor invoices, review and audit the expenses and obtain approval from the Program Director.
- Develop the monthly invoice to submit to the client, ensure all the expenses in the invoice were coded appropriately to the project codes and submit for payment.
- Work with program and contracts to develop subcontract and vendor contracts and modifications and to ensure there is sufficient funding in the subcontracts to pay subcontractor invoices.
- Develop weekly, monthly and quarterly budget to actual reconciliations to be submitted to the client along with invoices or as requested by the client.
- Support the PMO ensuring accurate information to be incorporate into project control tools, techniques and plans.
- Work in close collaboration with on-site Leads, supporting billing and invoicing processes.
- Ability to work in a fast pace and changing environment.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Project Control Officer Certification preferred.
- Experience in managing federal funds.
- Prior experience with FEMA policies and procedures preferred.
- Pro-active and team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deltek Costpoint experience is a plus.
- Bi-lingual Spanish and English
- Knowledge of smartphone apps
- MS Office (Excel Advanced Skills: Pivot Tables, Power Pivot)
- Data Information System (SharePoint, Microsoft Teams)
- Excellent Organizational & Time Management Skills.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE-Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
About the Organization
If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF.
Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, helping improve the education of American youth, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 4,500 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF's website is http://www.icf.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Come engage with us at icf.com.