Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. With partners in more than 100 countries worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
The Financial Accounting Team is in charge of a broad set of responsibilities, ranging from financial reporting, to planning and analysis, risk management and compliance. The scope of our activities is rooted in the international Secretariat but has a strong outlook towards our large and diverse movement. Financial Accountants contribute substantially to these tasks by producing and controlling a wide range of reports. Working as a Financial Accountant therefore implies taking up a diverse range of tasks, which allows for continuous learning, exciting challenges and liaison with a broad range of colleagues, while contributing effectively to the fight against corruption.
The Financial Accountant coordinates accounting processes for TI-S, including the analysis and control of financial data for financial reporting to TI-S management and relevant stakeholders.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration: limited for 2 years, with the possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin, Germany
Job grade: III
- Participate in the development and improvement of compliance processes and performance monitoring tools
- Be responsible for the implementation of compliance processes, including periodic reconciliations, authorizations and reviews
- Participate in overseeing financial management of other movement entities
- Be responsible for certain Financial Statements areas and specific purpose reports
- Support clear internal project communications capability across TI-S and the TI Movement
- Provide support to TI-S staff on all issues related to financial accounting and related matters
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Relevant university degree; qualification as Accountant (e.g. ACCA, International Bilanzbuchhalter) desired
- At least 4 years of professional experience in accounting, preferably with an audit firm
- Experience with IFRS, donor reporting and procurement desired
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate financial matters to individuals with different backgrounds
- Flexible, goal oriented and capable of working under pressure and against deadlines
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English is essential; German as well as other languages an asset
- Excellent MS Office skills, knowledge of SQL and/or NAV database usage is an advantage
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter (mentioning the origin of the application, DEVEX) and CV in English (in one pdf file) to:
Deadline for applications is Sunday, 1 July 2018.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted and that due to the very high volume of applications received it is unfortunately not possible to provide individualized feedback.
To learn more about Transparency International, please visit our website at www.transparency.org.