As a member of a small team of finance professionals, this position reports to the Head, Finance while working in close collaboration with the Finance & Accounting Officer, to provide a wide range of accounting services and procurement support of a highly responsible and confidential nature to ensure the smooth flow and effectiveness of the Finance Unit’s operations.
The primary responsibility for this position is to provide accounting support, in which he/she will be required to:
- Prepare payments for review and processing in accordance with relevant rules and procedures.
- Manage accounts receivable by preparing sales invoices, registering payments received into the relevant systems and/or databases and following up on outstanding payments.
- Check, correct, reconcile and process a variety of accounting documents (e.g. invoices, reimbursements, petty cash disbursements and credit card statements) and ensure that the necessary supporting documentation is in place to enable processing of accounts payables and registration in the relevant systems and/or databases.
- Maintain an up-to-date cash book for the Organization to facilitate efficient bank reconciliation processes, and ensure that all documents related to transactions are correctly recorded and kept up to date in relevant systems and/or databases.
- Keep track of the Organization’s VAT obligations, ensure compliance with processes for exemption, reimbursements and year-end reconciliation, and support submission of VAT claims to the French Administration.
- Collect, update and organize financial data, and enter it into relevant systems and/or databases, ensuring that it is accurate and immediately available when needed.
- Support the preparation of financial management reports and year-end processes by providing data and/or reports as required in line with relevant rules and procedures.
In addition, this position will provide Procurement Support as a secondary key responsibility as follows:
- Process requests for service providers and consultants according to the Organization’s procurement guidelines, including preparing the relevant service provider and consultant agreements based upon operational templates, maintaining a focus on delivering value for money through comprehensive consultations and negotiations.
- Liaise with budget owners to ensure effective management of service provider and consultant contracts, and liaise with suppliers, service providers and consultants in respect to queries, discrepancies, modifications and invoice settlement.
- Organize and maintain comprehensive procurement files to ensure that all records are up to date in the relevant systems and databases, and are compliant with audit, corporate and legal requirements.
- Undertake such other duties as may be requested by management.
Education and Experience
- Degree in accounting, finance or a professional accounting certification from ACCA, CIMA, CIPS or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Financial accounting
- Previous use of Agresso accounting system from UNIT4 business software would be an added advantage
- Well-versed in internationally accepted accounting principles and procurement and cost control standards
- Attention to detail and able to work comfortably with numbers and spreadsheets
- Good information and records management using both manual and automated systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Intermediate knowledge of French would be an added advantage
- Sound working knowledge of MS Windows-based software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion
- Well organized and able to self-prioritize amongst competing deliverables and consistently meet deadlines
- Service-oriented and proactive
- Able to work effectively in a matrix-based team environment in a multi-cultural environment
About the Organization
CGIAR is a global partnership that unites organizations engaged in research for a food secure future.
CGIAR research is dedicated to reducing rural poverty, increasing food security, improving human health and nutrition, and ensuring more sustainable management of natural resources. Research is carried out by 15 Centers who are members of the CGIAR System Organization, in close collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, and the private sector. www.cgiar.org. These 15 Centers have close to 10,000 staff based in over 50 countries.
The CGIAR System Organization is an international organization headquartered in Montpellier, France, and has about 35 staff.
The CGIAR System Organization is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an attractive and multicultural work environment that reflects the values of teamwork, gender equality, and respect for diversity.
Please note: All applications received will be acknowledged, but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.