Assignment Title: Financial Analyst
Technical Point of Contact: Director, Global Health Practice
Type: Short-Term Consultancy
Overview: IBTCI is currently seeking a Financial Analyst for the UK Department for International Development (UK DfID)’s Third-Party Validation, Monitoring and Research Peer Review of the Delivering Accelerated Family Planning in Pakistan (DAFPAK) Programme. DAFPAK will increase access and uptake of Family Planning (FP) services by those in underserved groups by supporting: (i) improved acceptability of Family Planning, (ii) improved access to Family Planning, and (iii) improved policy and coordination for Family Planning. This position would be on a part-time basis, with a period of performance from February 2019 to February 2022. Please note that this position is contingent upon contract award.
The Financial Analyst will provide administrative and accounting support to the project, ensuring transaction are in compliance with applicable regulations. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
Scope of Work:
- Set up a financial monitoring system to capture program and financial data from several implementing partners
- Gather and organize data from several implementing partners
- Follow-up with implementing partners to ensure receipt of reports and data on schedule
- Analyze program inputs, activities and financial expenditures of implementing partners to generate a detailed monitoring report on a quarterly basis
- Assesses compliance of implementing partners with financial regulations and controls by executing audit program steps; testing general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements; examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Communicate the findings to HQ and follow up to clear those findings.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI Global Health technical practice.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to represent IBTCI to the client.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- Familiarity with DfID policies and procedures.
- Previous professional experience in Pakistan; Local candidates are preferred.
- Extensive experience with Quickbooks and Excel.
- Experience in Accounting, Finance or related discipline or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- 3 years of accounting experience.
- Experience in public, NGO and/or private sectors in developing countries or resource challenged settings preferred.
- Strong communications skills and ability to present information clearly in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work well with multiple stakeholders.
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing both in English and Urdu.
Education: Master’s Degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance, or a related field is required.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: Travel within Pakistan is required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.