Financial Blending and Inclusion Expert
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Palladium are currently seeking a Financial Blending and Inclusion Expert, based in Brussels and will be responsible for matters related to Access to Finance, Financial Blending, and/or Financial Inclusion. The role will entail management of technical assistance related to:
Ongoing engagement with Development Finance Institutions (DFIs) involved with the EFSD Guarantee Scheme (FMO, KfW, AfD, AECID, COFIDES, CDP, EIB, EBRD, AfDB, IFC);
Strengthening capacities for EIP Investment Project and programme identification, planning, preparation and appraisal;
Raising awareness and understanding of project financing opportunities under the EFSD Guarantees of the EIP.
- Degree (preferably post-graduate degree / Masters) in Business, Economics, Finance, or other field relevant to the assignment
- Fluent English is a requirement (also possibly French as an asset?)
- Extensive general professional experience relevant to the sector (financial services, impact investment, access to finance)
- Significant professional experience in financial services / investment / access to finance, with a focus on financial inclusion in developing economies (particularly EA-SA-IO);
- Experience with investment project identification, planning, preparation, and appraisal;
- Extensive experience with development finance mechanisms (blending instruments, guarantee funds, credit funds, trust funds) and in particular the EIP (EFSD Guarantee experience will be an asset);
- Senior level (Key Expert, or similar) experience on donor / IFI projects will be an asset.