Cardno Emerging Markets is seeking a Financial Business Analyst. Reporting to the ID Division Manager, the Financial Business Analyst will be responsible for the preparation of internal/external financial reports, Board materials, monthly financial analysis materials and provide ad-hoc analysis for the International Development Division.
- Work as an effective team member to ensure the smooth running of the finance function for the ID Division.
- Oversee and Manage the Budget, Forecasting and Month end financial reporting process.
- Provide commentary, analysis and presentations for a range of reports, working closely with all Divisional Areas.
- Analyse current and past trends in performance, including all areas of revenue, cost of sales and expenditure.
- Develop, improve and monitor key performance metrics, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
- Streamline financial reporting amongst EMEA, Americas and APAC regions where possible, inclusive of the development of “One Division” Reports.
- Lead and co-ordinate the Annual Budgeting and Quarterly forecasting process for the Division.
- Work closely with Finance Directors from the EMEA, Americas and APAC Regions, providing necessary support to improve accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
- Educate and train relevant personnel on preparing, reading and interpreting financial analysis and reports.
- Preparation and presentation of financial models, analysis and reports to support strategic initiatives.
- Preparation and analysis of Corporate Financial Reporting pack for monthly Board meetings.
- Attend monthly Executive meetings with Division Manger to support on presenting Division results.
- Oversee the month end close process for the Division.
- Ensure data held in the system is up to date and accurate.
- Co-ordinate the production of relevant commentary on all reporting.
- Develop scenario modelling and analysis to support strategic initiatives of the Division.
- Analyse complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Provide other Ad-hoc reports and analysis as required for Internal and External purposes.
- Required Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- Preferred Education: Accounting degree and CA/CPA Qualification.
- Required Minimum Experience: A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in financial analysis and modelling.
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent conceptual, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team but also autonomously.
- Advanced analytical & modelling skills, with ability to think creatively.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Proficiency in the English language required. Proficiency in another desirable.
Travel 10% - International travel required
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.