The National Center for State Courts (NCSC) is an independent, non-profit court improvement organization dedicated to the advancement of justice systems in the US and around the world. The NCSC’s services are focused on helping courts plan, make decisions, and implement improvements that save time and money, while ensuring judicial administration that supports fair and impartial decision-making. NCSC through its International Programs Division partners with donor agencies, host country governments and civil society organizations to support judicial independence and promote access to justice. NCSC’s International Programs Division based in Arlington, Virginia is seeking candidates for the position of Financial Compliance Manager. This position will be responsible for guiding and supporting financial and accounting processes for the International Programs Division to ensure that they are carried out in accordance with NCSC and funding agency requirements and that critical timeliness and accuracy protocols are met.
To be considered for this position, applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related discipline; or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position; An advanced degree in a related field is desirable;
- Five or more years’ experience in accounting and financial reporting for federally funded projects; at least two of the five years’ experience should include working with Deltek Costpoint; Experience working with federally funded international projects is preferred;
- Functional knowledge of federal accounting/finance regulations governing international projects– including those related to supporting field office-based financial accounting;
- Knowledge of budgeting tools, processes and procedures; Familiarity with financial management software applications;
- Demonstrated ability to communicated effectively orally and in writing;
- Experience working in a high-volume environment with a diverse workforce;
- Ability to work collaboratively and build effective relationships;
- Full proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (especially Word, Excel); Ability to work extended hours as needed; and
- Fluency in Spanish (Speaking, Reading, & Writing) helpful; not required.
STARTING SALARY FROM $61,393 DEPENDING ON QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE.
To apply for this position, go to our web page at: www.ncsc.org/jobs and click on NCSC domestic jobs. First time users will need to register before applying. Position closes on Friday, 9/29/2017 @ 5:00 pm EDT.
About the Organization
NCSC’s International Programs Division partners with donor agencies, host-country governments, and civil society organizations to support judicial independence and promote access to justice. NCSC has worked in more than 30 countries, throughout Sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our unique expertise and experience enables us to extract, apply, and adapt lessons learned in diverse country settings and reform environments.
THE NATIONAL CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER