Devex is currently assisting a well consolidated international consulting company based in Brussels, owned by a multinational Group, in their search for a Financial Director.
About the company
The company provides advice for technical assistance projects in developing and transition countries, particularly to Public and Governmental Institutions. The main fields of expertise are reform of institutions and organizations in fields related to human rights and sustainable development. The company has been managing projects in more than 100 countries worldwide. It has a long standing involvement with clients including international donor agencies, particularly with the European Commission, national governments and their agencies. The firm has permanent offices and representative offices in more than 25 countries. The company employs more than 40 full time staff and relies on a trustworthy and well experienced network of in-house and external experts to carry out the implementation of projects. The company has been substantially increasing its turnover over the last years.
The company’s mission is to contribute to the economic and social development of third and transition countries both by providing international high quality consulting advice and working closely with local expertise to better tackle local problems and existent needs. Their motto is development through understanding: your performant partner for a better tomorrow.
The company is currently seeking for a Financial Director (FD) to join and manage the Finance Department in a full process of harmonization with the financial procedures of the Group.
The FD will be responsible for day-to-day activity management of the Finance Department. This position reports to the Managing Director. It includes tasks such as
- Managing a team of 5 to 6 accountants/financial controllers
- Defining annual budget of the company
- Draft quarterly financial reports for the Group
- Controlling financial management and margins of projects to be implemented
- Supervising encoding and payment transactions
- Supervising booking and scanning of incoming invoices
- Reviewing and processing expenses reports
- Monitoring the accounting processing and reconciling processes
- Manage/Supervise the internal and external company audit trail in particular related to projects
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Proved interest in the cooperation and development field, in particular in consultancy assignments
- Minimum (5) five years of experience in financial management
- Proved successful experience in company management (financial, HR, operations)
- Good computer skills, including an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excell).
- Ability to manage multiple priorities & delivering an excellent quality of work
- Good knowledge of French and English. Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
- Capable of managing a team of 5/6 financial staff
- Experience in working with ERP financial systems or MIS transition financial system for group companies will be a plus
- Experience working with EU procedures will be a plus
- Good communication skills & good team player
Dynamic, financial skills, capacity to learn quick, motivated, high level of commitment and integrity, honest and demonstrating a willingness to work in Brussels for long term.
Full-time contract CDI (contrat à durée indéterminée) with a competitive salary & benefits package
- Possibility to join a very motivated and professional Team
- Very good work atmosphere and company culture
- High level of responsibilities integrated within a highly horizontal management style
- Exposure to a variety of interesting projects within a company with long-standing experience in working for Donor Institutions all over the world
- Some field missions in some of the countries where Projects are implemented might be required
- Possibility to develop consolidate financial activities, with a focus on the public sector